Hearts of Iron 4

Soldato
I love the events and snippits of history, not so much now if they're inaccurate :(

It is apparently a very very slight chance, the idea being that after multiple playthroughs you might eventually get one saying "In the 1936 Olympiad Jesse Owens won 4 gold medals, but was subsequently disqualified after testing positive for Meldonium and sent home in disgrace", and you go to yourself "Oh!", something like that.

Associate
Game is quite cool - but Way too easy ... Ive never played a hoi before and have only 30ish hours into hoi4 and veteran diff isnt that challenging.

Man of Honour
is it possible to go to war with usa really early on before they waken, when playing Canada.
last night I instantly changed to communism, but still wouldn't let me justify a war goal until usa had risen world tension. by the time they did that they were a military might and I didn't have the man power.

can find it in the wiki about how and what you need to do to declare war.

Man of Honour
I know that, but it wont let me justify a war goal, there must be someway of unlocking one way or another.

I thought going communist would break the democracy, which is what it is using me to block justifying a war goal. but that didn't work, still says democracy cant justify.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
it says cant justify on democracy unless state has caused 2% world tension.

but there must be ways around, otherwise if your a "peaceful" country there's nothing you can do early game.

Soldato
World tension needs to be at 50% before you can justify war goals. At least it does as Fascist.

I think it depends on the country, Germany can do it from the start of the game.

it says cant justify on democracy unless state has caused 2% world tension.

but there must be ways around, otherwise if your a "peaceful" country there's nothing you can do early game.

Are you talking about Canada or USA? USA take the far right tree and the bottom left decision gives you a free war goal.

Associate
Loving playing as russia. Was going great had all of asia and half of europe conquered . Then i came to sweden . Launched an attack with 107 divisions and got hammered hahaha still dont know what happened :D

Man of Honour
wish the wiki was better, now started as America and went fascist. conquered most of south America, but got terrible attrition and not sure how to get less attrition.

Associate
Played as the UK, managed to control and then conquer the Africa front, meanwhile I'm sending Poland a lot of planes, tanks and infantry equipment, USA joins in 43', I coup spain and they join who are oddly very powerful and take france back from Germany with just 10 infantry divisions of mine helping hold there lines. I invade Italy with the US and dump the rest of my troops into Yugoslavia helping to keep the frontline in check until the US comes along and steam rolls Romania and southern Germany. Unfortunately Warsaw collapsed 6 months before we could reach them but Denmark and Norway make headway in northern Germany and link with the Spanish. While this is all good fun watching I only have 40 divisions and find it really hard to keep track with the amount of friendly troops pushing the lines! kinda felt like half the time I'm just there providing air superiority which in this game isn't fun as there is nothing to it.

Soldato
wish the wiki was better, now started as America and went fascist. conquered most of south America, but got terrible attrition and not sure how to get less attrition.

I'm not 100% on this but some attrition can't be avoided (e.g. mountains which are prevalent in S.America) and some can be avoided by improving lines of supply (e.g. ports and infrastructure).

Man of Honour
Some attrition can't be avoided but supply brigades help. You can get logistical companies, maintenance companies and field hospitals. You can also 'improve' your generals with enough combat experience and they may become more efficient at dealing with attrition. Finally if you look at your national focus and political leaders you may find that one has specific traits dealing with attrition.

Back
Top Bottom