*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
The best roll I got during yesterday's runs has head seeker, counterbalance and feeding frenzy. I'll be up for some more farming ever the weekend.

Soldato
Ive had a braced frame, life support and grenadier one for months now, it was my goto pvp weapon but am getting salty that I am not a special ********* anymore :D Crucible is almost entirely Grasp and last word at the moment for me!

Trying to find the god tier roll with Braced Frame after sharding my one with it on before you got yours :o I do so many Destiny dumbs

Soldato
Technically it has a faster TTK as it needs the same amount of bursts to kill but fires faster.

Realistically it will come down to how it handles (feels to you) and how easy it is to get crits.

Yeah faster TTK, but the current Hawksaw is a laser beam, I find it quiet easy too 3 burst once I'm warmed up, even at longer range. It needs too be as consistent too benefit since the TTK drops hard if you don't get enough crits.

Associate
Don't play PVP with Jlarks and co because you end up feeling like you are the worst player on earth.

Fps pvp is all about the grind. Learning the maps, weapons, skills etc and then practising like mad to eventually get better. Destiny pvp is not as balanced as others like cod though so isn't really the best to start with in fairness.

Soldato
Just started playing this on ps4, really enjoying it. Any tips for starting out?

Just level up too Lv40, finish all the story missions, then all the side quests you get from the tower. You should be close enough too 280 around then. At this point hit up you can do strikes, raid (best bet0, Court of Orxy, Challenge of elders, Iron Banner. A lot off ways too progress. Once your a decent light level you just need too start getting the correct gear stats. Destiny is basically an MMO light so outside of getting perfect weapons the grind is not too difficult, and recent changes have made it pretty easy.

Associate
Leveling up my warlock (he's up to 325 now, thanks to the hard work of my titan) and doing some strikes. Out of five strikes I got SABRE twice, Valus Ta'aurc twice and Omnigul in between. I don't mind any of the strikes, but some variation would be nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did a few Heroics last night on my hunter and observed a few things:

1) Everyone I played with either seemingly didn't know the modifiers had changed or were ignoring it. Ok I get that they may not have decent arc weapons in every slot but FFS at least run A arc weapon..... (heck running the arc subclass might be a good start!).

2) Strike rotation sucks!

3) Taniks/Malok is a bloody nightmare with Arc burn combined with #1...

4) Blade Dancer is now fun again in PVE.

Associate
I noticed the lack of arc use in some of the heroics too. There were other times though when they might as well have been named Heroic Supercell strikes...so much arc goodness!

Last edited:
Associate
Its only worth it if its better then the Vendor roll Hawksaw which is tough too beat.

Is this the same one that has been at the vendor for ages? Or was there a vendor stock reset after this new PoE? At the moment I'm not planning on logging in before the new Iron DLC, but if there are weapons to buy then.....

Soldato
Is this the same one that has been at the vendor for ages? Or was there a vendor stock reset after this new PoE? At the moment I'm not planning on logging in before the new Iron DLC, but if there are weapons to buy then.....

New vendor rolls since the recent patch, new hawksaw is pretty awesome comes with fitted stock, counter balance and smallbore so almost max stability, its a laser beam with solid range.

Associate
I haven't played Destiny for months now, since just after The Taken King came out in fact, and still haven't run the raid that came out with it either.

I have been almost exclusively playing The Division since it game out, whilst it's great game it's even more of a grind fest than Destiny. And at least with Destiny you aren't forced into PVP to get the best gear.

So I'm looking to potentially get back into Destiny, but I only have one decent character (lvl 40 Nightstalker Hunter with a light level of 297) so what have I missed, and any pointers for getting back into it at all and whats with all this "Chroma glow" gear?

Associate
I haven't played Destiny for months now, since just after The Taken King came out in fact, and still haven't run the raid that came out with it either.

I have been almost exclusively playing The Division since it game out, whilst it's great game it's even more of a grind fest than Destiny. And at least with Destiny you aren't forced into PVP to get the best gear.

So I'm looking to potentially get back into Destiny, but I only have one decent character (lvl 40 Nightstalker Hunter with a light level of 297) so what have I missed, and any pointers for getting back into it at all and whats with all this "Chroma glow" gear?

Chroma is a consumable item that makes chroma supported armour/weapons glow a certain colour, has no affect to how the armour/weapons perform.

Start with a normal run of the Raid if your into that, Id also grind faction rep until you get to around 320 (max youll get is 330 doing it this way), do PoE, CoE and strikes. Put those rep boosters you get out of treasure chests to good use.

Also save strange coins to buy 3oC from Xur to get exotic engrams (from killing bosses and completing crucible rounds) that can decode up to 5 light level above your current level.

When your around the 330 mark do Court of Oryx on the dreadnought until you get a 335 artefact (I waited until I was around the 333 mark for a better chance of the artefact dropping at 335).

Iron Banner next week will be a good place to get high light gear as well.

Soldato

Just pasting what I put a couple pages back:

There are a few ways to get decent end game gear:

Raids - Will drop up to 320 in King's Fall NM and 335 in King's Fall HM.

Nightfall - Can drop gear up to 5 levels above your current equipped level. NF is LL 320 now so this may be beyond your light level (as in you will do no damage to the enemies).

Strikes - End strike loot can be better than what you already have and strike specific loot (RNG whether it will drop) will be + up to 5 greater than your current light level.

Crucible - Basically the same as strikes minus the specific loot. Crucible can be an excellent source for both strange coins and motes of light. Obviously your mileage will vary here as you will be playing against other players and may not enjoy the experience.

Iron Banner (Banana) As per crucible but with end game level loot. Assuming the drops / drop rates remain the same in the next IB you can expect to see loot drop at the end of games which is up to 5 levels above your current level. Loot pool will be what Lord Salad Man is selling for that week but it can be a decent way of getting infuse material. You will also get a 320 artefact at rank 3 and end game level loot at rank 5. Bear in mind you don't have to win or even go positive to get decent loot.

POE - As per strikes but minus the strike specific loot.

Challenge of the Elders - Basically a "arcade" version of POE where your goal is to hit point targets for that week. You will want to be greater than LL 310 before even starting this as the rounds are 310-320-330. You can go in at a lower light level but without help it will be a massive struggle (simply as you will do sod all damage to every enemy type). CoE is on a weekly refresh so the modifiers and rounds change each week.

Faction and Vanguard Rank up Packages Every time you rank up your Vanguard and Faction (FWC, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit) you will get a package which can contain a random piece of armour or weapon up to 5 levels higher than your current light level (maxes at 330). You can rank up both quickly by doing patrols and strikes (an din the case of factions by donating materials).

Decoding Engrams - Assuming you are below 310 light make sure to decode your engrams one at a time, equipping the decoded item if it is a higher level than what you are currently running (even if you won't use it). Engrams can decode into a higher light than your current light level so you want to be as high as possible every time you decode. This also goes for exotic engrams.

Other options:

Trials of Osiris - End game 3v3 competitive PVP. End game level loot but can be a right sweat fest.
Xur - Tentacle Face dude that brings with him 3 random exotic armour pieces and a exotic weapon (sometimes an engram) every Friday (through to Sunday reset). Everything he sells will be LL 280. He also sells Three of Coins which can be used to boost your chances of getting an exotic drop from the next Ultra you kill.

Not all of this will apply to you (you are no doubt aware of a few of the options for end game level gear) but it is a decent starting point.

As you haven't run the raid I would look at that first. I still need to do it on my ~307/8 Warlock (Xbone). Following that getting vanguard and faction rank up packages are easy, as is strike specific loot (as you are a high enough level to do Heroics from the get go). NF is now sadly off the cards until you get to ~305+.

Chroma is visual only. Can be applied to specific armour and weapons since the April update. You get some for free from the Sterling treasure (of which you can get three for free every week).

Back
Top Bottom