Well that did not go too well

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I mean, TVR reliability is spotty at best but christ, a Speed 6 engined car from an auction, he must have some serious balls!

Pretty much my dream spec Tuscan that, though. Love love love that colour.

Will have one some day.

Just looked it up, service history til 2014, rebuild in 08, 39k milage. Estimate 15-17k. If it went for the lower end of that even with some work to do that's good value imo.

Last edited:
Associate
I mean, TVR reliability is spotty at best but christ, a Speed 6 engined car from an auction, he must have some serious balls!

Pretty much my dream spec Tuscan that, though. Love love love that colour.

Will have one some day.

If I had the time and money it would be fun to buy one and rebuild it.

Soldato
OP
Yah you have to be a bit crazy to buy this. But then he also had a Nobel. Has a VX220t and a Maserati 4200 so he likes unreliable cars

It went for what I feel was too much.

Caporegime
But every decision ever is odd according to you Fox :D

A TVR at a car auction has to be the riskiest purchase EVER though. Even I wouldn't entertain that idea, with my track record! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder if the reg plate is referring to it not starting (eol):D. Don't they all have questionable amounts of horsepower I.e. they're all unique and no 2 are the same?

Don
Last edited:
Don
My mate has a Cerbera. Within a year he had..

Broken clutch
Broken master cylinder
Broken slave cylinder
Snapped driveshaft (twice)
Leaking window seals
Faulty door locks

Cannot be driven in slow traffic as it overheats and burns oil like no tomorrow.

But by the mother of all that is holy, what a car to drive! First and only time I've been scared the whole time when driving a car.

It's currently on his drive waiting for him to replace the crankshaft seal as it uses more oil than fuel at the moment :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

TVR's are essentially kit cars - don't buy one unless you're confident with working on all aspects of a car - electrics especially. It also helps if you're good at fabricating parts and decent with a welder.

I'd happily own one, but the first thing I'd do when getting it home is take it off the road for three months and do a full nut and bolt check/rebuild.

Kinda related fact for the day - I go to a gym that is in one of the old TVR assembly buildings :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom