Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobster
Soldato
You want me to prove that the remain campaign didn't lie but the leave campaign did?

Eugh I really can't be bothered. Discount my post at will if you really want too.

But to call one campaign whiter than white in comparison to the other is ridiculous.

Ah, so none then. I thought so.

I've seen absolutely no lies from the remain side. I've tried to find them but I can't.

If somebody would like to show me, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Soldato
Out of interest, why should we be paying the most attention to the FTSE250? Why is it more representative of the British economy? Genuine question here btw.

Mostly comprised of companies holding the majority of their cash assets in GBP. FTSE 100 companies tend to be more global, flexible and stable in their matters, whereas the 250 lot are generally much more representative of the UK economy.

Soldato
The 48% dont have crystal balls, but they weren't blindfolding themselves and jumping off a moving train while crossing their fingers they hit a soft spot as they dragged everybody off the train with them.

Honestly, this all sounds so much like Republicans in the US. Deny that racist/xenophobic views exist among their numbers or that it in any way influences how people vote or what they vote for. Even though they specifically target these people with propaganda in order to influence them to get what they want. And once they do get it - again, complete denial about all of it. There are plenty of Republicans who are intelligent and have wisdom and all, but that doesn't make them honest or their pandering to be anything but morally reprehensible.

No man, this has nothing to do with anything!

But its the exactly the same kind of language used no matter what it is people dont get, from both sides.

Its the supposed moral and intellectual superiority from people (on both sides) that makes these comments so absurd.

Its just a tough ask for people to accept that they dont "know best" they just think differently.

Soldato
What happens when Scotland finally gains independence, ends the English occupation, joins the EU, and says you can't visit Edinburgh without a passport and visa?

That's going to get old pretty fast.

Do you think we will rebuild Hadrians wall with a big gate in it, if so we can send Sturgeon all the unwanted immigrants whilst smuggling food down to the starving English :p

Also - because public service spending per head in Scotland is higher than in England and Wales they won't be able to afford to continue with free prescriptions anymore along with other freebies allowed at the expence of the rest of us.

Permabanned
Regulators and a senior conservative politician in Germany on Friday contested plans for a merged Deutsche Boerse-London Stock Exchange to be based in London, raising doubts about whether the deal can be completed following Britain's vote to leave the EU.

Deutsche Boerse (DB1Gn.DE) and LSE (LSE.L) agreed in March to combine in a $30 billion deal to create a European trading powerhouse that would be domiciled in Britain with headquarters in both London and Frankfurt.

Two German regulatory sources told Reuters on Friday there was increasing scepticism about a London base for the holding company of the combined group.

"There is rising irritation and increasing concern that London as a base poses a problem," one of the sources said.

Caporegime
You want me to prove that the remain campaign didn't lie but the leave campaign did?

Eugh I really can't be bothered. Discount my post at will if you really want too.

But to call one campaign whiter than white in comparison to the other is ridiculous.

Both campaigns where run so scummy it's embarrassing.

Associate
Regulators and a senior conservative politician in Germany on Friday contested plans for a merged Deutsche Boerse-London Stock Exchange to be based in London, raising doubts about whether the deal can be completed following Britain's vote to leave the EU.

Deutsche Boerse (DB1Gn.DE) and LSE (LSE.L) agreed in March to combine in a $30 billion deal to create a European trading powerhouse that would be domiciled in Britain with headquarters in both London and Frankfurt.

Two German regulatory sources told Reuters on Friday there was increasing scepticism about a London base for the holding company of the combined group.

"There is rising irritation and increasing concern that London as a base poses a problem," one of the sources said.

boo hoo

Caporegime
Mostly comprised of companies holding the majority of their cash assets in GBP. FTSE 100 companies tend to be more global, flexible and stable in their matters, whereas the 250 lot are generally much more representative of the UK economy.

And the 350?

Soldato
Do you mean the 3 billion paid to farmers to NOT use their farms so the EU can trade without any competition from us?
Farmers will now be able to properly trade once again, without the restrictions of the EU "no wonky foods" policy.

You keep clinging to that hope, and watch as the supermarket prices of foods goes up and up and up over the next five years, with continuing moaning about lack of support from the farmers.

C64

C64

Soldato
Ah, so none then. I thought so.

I've seen absolutely no lies from the remain side. I've tried to find them but I can't.

If somebody would like to show me, I'd love to be proved wrong.

I'll give you one, migrants coming to do low paid work are net contributors.
On which planet is someone getting more back in housing benefit tax credits and child support than they pay in tax and NI a net contributor ? and that's before you've even started in on the services impact.

So there's a lie.

Soldato
you'll be waiting a long time for that sunshine. The EC will burn the UK at likely a high price to prevent contagion. This isn't like a tin pot greece trying to rattle things up. The EC will meet and the punishments meted out to the UK will be harsh enough to see off any further rebellion in the ranks. There is no way they are going to sit around and let this spread.

And how would they stop them? like they did us...oh wait :)
Nexit, Frexit or Italeave

Soldato
The UK is going to be hurt by this, definitely in terms of trade.

The EU won't let us be part of the single market. Even if they do, we'll have no choice over immigration, no choice over regulation, no choice over anything. So what will Leave have achieved then?

If we aren't part of the single market we'll have to negotiate trade deals which will take years, I think at least 10 years. We're of little importance now, because as a small country our influence is greatly reduced.

Well people don't want immigration from Europe so if Westminster has to agree to the EU's rules to enter the market and still has to pay £350 million to Brussels yet receive less back then the country just becomes more divide and dissatisfied with the clowns in power.

The way I see it is we set up our own deals or stay in. One deal breaks up the UK and the other leads to the rise of nationalism. We should have never had this vote. It placed too much power in the hands of people that didn't fully understand what they voted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom