• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Permabanned
I dont know what to do here. I really want a gaming x but the Pallit cards are going to work out nearly £130 cheaper. Thats quite a bit of money for whats going to be barely any difference if any at all! Anyone go with the pallit card and what did you think of it?

Associate
Good thing I didn't sell my GTX 780 yet, I'm 120th in the queue for the FTW as of last week, the wait is just killing me.

Soldato
I dont know what to do here. I really want a gaming x but the Pallit cards are going to work out nearly £130 cheaper. Thats quite a bit of money for whats going to be barely any difference if any at all! Anyone go with the pallit card and what did you think of it?
The Palit cards are really good. Extremely quiet thanks to a beefy cooler. I've read nothing but good things from people who've bought one. I personally had their 980 Ti (which used the same cooler) and was very happy with it. The only real downside to them is that they're 2.5 slots, which makes SLI a little more awkward.

Permabanned
The Palit cards are really good. Extremely quiet thanks to a beefy cooler. I've read nothing but good things from people who've bought one. I personally had their 980 Ti (which used the same cooler) and was very happy with it. The only real downside to them is that they're 2.5 slots, which makes SLI a little more awkward.

SLI wont be an issue fortunately as I plan on getting the Ti or TX when they come out so this is more a stop gap but I would still like optimal performance/cooling/noise until they do

Soldato
SLI wont be an issue fortunately as I plan on getting the Ti or TX when they come out so this is more a stop gap but I would still like optimal performance/cooling/noise until they do
You certainly won't beat the Palit/Gainward cards on noise at least. They've been the absolute best in every 1070/1080 review I've read so far on that front.

8501d4c3-8eff-445a-b9tgsep.png

Second question being, as most of these cards seem to hit close to the same clocks overclock wise, paying £30 extra for the overclocked version is a bit pointless isnt it?
Gibbo has said that Palit/Gainward are using binned chips for the Premium/GLH editions, so it's possible that you might get a slightly higher overclock with them. It's all much of a muchness though. There's no real meaningful performance boost between the average of ~2050MHz and the top end of 2100-2150MHz.

Caporegime

If hey are anything as good as their 980ti, which were the quietest 980ti and some of the best overclocking cards excluding kingpins, it should be good.

Added bonus all their custom cards are the next waterblock to be released by EK.

Downside is the 2 year warranty, returns are abroad and they definitely dont like you putting waterblocks on

But fed up waiting for my two pre orders i have atm so just bought a super jetstream for delivery tomorrow :D

Will leave my pre orders just in case they come though. Got a G1 at £530 and a FTW at £550.

Will decide which one to keep as and when they all turn up.

Caporegime
Second question being, as most of these cards seem to hit close to the same clocks overclock wise, paying £30 extra for the overclocked version is a bit pointless isnt it?

depends if you are going to overclock or not and if the manufacturer speed bins for their top card. You might find a lesser card in the range wont overclock as well.

Permabanned
depends if you are going to overclock or not and if the manufacturer speed bins for their top card. You might find a lesser card in the range wont overclock as well.

I am going to overclock but wont be worrying if it dosnt get the extra 50-100mhz some of the other cards are getting. From what I gather they all seem to get to 2000mhz dont they,bar a few here and there?

Associate
Oohhh ok :D well cant wait to get my hands on it now thanks tyler_jrb and just watched the Gregster video
It's a good card, nice and quiet. Only got about a 100mhz o/c on the core but got 1400mhz on the memory although not entirely sure that is helping with benchmark scores. Finding though that my Sandybridge set-up finally might need to be replaced as I'm definitely not maxing my card out, at least with minimum and average frame rates.

Soldato
Was 51 in queue for FTW 6 days ago (first batch is 50)... So I thought "damn 51 that is unlucky but there is hope someone will cancel over next week" asked again today... I am now 55 in queue... greattttt, please EVGA do not have any delays with the 2nd batch and get it here next week... this is really getting to be annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
Was 51 in queue for FTW 6 days ago (first batch is 50)... So I thought "damn 51 that is unlucky but there is hope someone will cancel over next week" asked again today... I am now 55 in queue... greatttttttttttttttttt, please EVGA do not have any delays with the 2nd batch and get it here next week... this is really getting to be annoying.
How have you moved down?

Back
Top Bottom