• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I don't post here much, as I mainly just prefer to read what's going on. I ordered a FTW on pre-order day so I'm also annoyed at the supply issue, but the negativity towards Ben @ EVGA by some posters is ridiculous. I don't see any other GPU vendors on here, yet he puts himself in the firing line by choice. For that he deserves some respect.

Hope the negativity does not get to you Ben. I'm sure there are many of us who are not so vocal who appreciate your updates.

100% agree with this.

Associate
Read my post again. I quite clearly prefaced my comments by fully acknowledging it was a "first world problem".

Ben is posting on here for his job. He's in sales and clearly as can be seen from posts on here the reputation of EVGA as offering strong customer service works in their favour. That's the benefit you get from doing it, the downside is if you screw up you've got to deal with the extra fall out in the open. That's why other vendors aren't on here, they didn't just not think of it, they've made a cost / benefit decision.

On 3/7 at 16:38 he posted in this thread regarding OC getting the FTW "and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances"

Personally I don't see having to deal with lots of units of a massively in demand and pre-ordered item as unforeseen. Beyond the fact that yes in the bigger picture buying a graphics card is trivial I don't see an issue with frustration I've voiced. I went with EVGA due to their reputation re: customer services. They've been slow to get cards out and then they've caused a delay for a retailer that via this forum they're very publicly interacting with customers.

I don't need to read it again, it was a post where someone is complaining about a graphics card being delivered a day later than the estimate given by the vendor rep.

Soldato
I don't need to read it again, it was a post where someone is complaining about a graphics card being delivered a day later than the estimate given by the vendor rep.

Tbh not a day later - if it arrives on friday it gets delivered on moday at earliest unless you happen to pay for Saturday delivery. So whilst it might only be a days delay from the vendor to ocuk, it is actually a further 3 days delay to the end consumer - for a product that has been on pre-ordr for best part of 40 days already, I would say it is fair to be a little bit annoyed at that.

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't post here much, as I mainly just prefer to read what's going on. I ordered a FTW on pre-order day so I'm also annoyed at the supply issue, but the negativity towards Ben @ EVGA by some posters is ridiculous. I don't see any other GPU vendors on here, yet he puts himself in the firing line by choice. For that he deserves some respect.

Hope the negativity does not get to you Ben. I'm sure there are many of us who are not so vocal who appreciate your updates.

Well said.

Soldato
Let me just say as someone who has been critical of EVGA on this release, all credit to Ben for providing updates as best as he can. Obviously certain things are out of his control.

Associate

Good post, totally agree.

Associate
Hey Ben, if you are ever interacting with customers in a public space and feeling worried about which of you looks like the unreasonable one to third parties, let me reassure you that it's definitely the one demanding you magic graphics cards out of thin air.

OcUK Staff
Hey Ben, if you are ever interacting with customers in a public space and feeling worried about which of you looks like the unreasonable one to third parties, let me reassure you that it's definitely the one demanding you magic graphics cards out of thin air.

Not even a magician like me can just pull a graphics card out of thin air. :D

But myself, and everyone from OcUK and I am sure I can say this on behalf of Ben and EVGA too, we are doing our very best to get the graphics cards to you sooner, and we appreciate and thank you all for your patience. I will continue to wait here faster, for now, until they arrive and I will be down in the warehouse myself making sure orders are shipping as fast as they possibly can.

Soldato

I don't think anyone is demanding that :confused:

Associate
Anyone got the Palit super jetstream willing to say how they find it? Its far less ugly than the Gamerock, I might switch to one.

Associate

Many Thanks.

Nice to read.

Associate
Perhaps we should open a new thread and appoint two people to pretend they are EVGA and Asus . We could then vent our frustrations in there leaving only gracious and happy comments for Gibbo and Ben in this thread . I like many others in here am very disgruntled with the amount of time we have been made to wait but have made sure I haven't posted in here while annoyed as these guys have kept us as informed as possible . We have to remember that although the information hasn't always been 100% correct they have done their best and we wouldn't get this level of interaction anywhere else . Foe example Gibbo wasnt even at work today (hope you had a good raceday BTW) but still he logs in here to check out what is going on and Ben travels non stop and still comes here out of hours to answer questions and take abuse .(perhaps if Im nice enough to Ben he might find another 25 units of ftw seeing as im 103rd in the queue lol) In all seriousness though we all know its not their fault and maybe we should give them a break in exchange for more haribo:D

OcUK Staff
OP
Perhaps we should open a new thread and appoint two people to pretend they are EVGA and Asus . We could then vent our frustrations in there leaving only gracious and happy comments for Gibbo and Ben in this thread . I like many others in here am very disgruntled with the amount of time we have been made to wait but have made sure I haven't posted in here while annoyed as these guys have kept us as informed as possible . We have to remember that although the information hasn't always been 100% correct they have done their best and we wouldn't get this level of interaction anywhere else . Foe example Gibbo wasnt even at work today (hope you had a good raceday BTW) but still he logs in here to check out what is going on and Ben travels non stop and still comes here out of hours to answer questions and take abuse .(perhaps if Im nice enough to Ben he might find another 25 units of ftw seeing as im 103rd in the queue lol) In all seriousness though we all know its not their fault and maybe we should give them a break in exchange for more haribo:D

Xie xie :)

Associate
I mean best case scenario the cards are in the back of a truck or in a dispatch warehouse somewhere and nobody but the shipping company knows where they are and there's no reason to believe that OCUK or any vendor rep has any better knowledge than we do.

Associate
I am surprised that there are still 6 x GTX 1080 PHOENIX GLH cards left.
They are supposed to be pretty good. Maybe it's their asthetics as they do look a bit pants. Red, Gold n Black....yuck.

Associate
I ordered mt Ftw on day one and and like you guys I'm frustrated with the delay but as for Ben he's done his best to let us know what's going off and let's be honest one more days not going to hurt us, I'd like to say a big thanks to Gibbo and Ben for all the updates they have given us and just one question from me is, when is the HB Sli coming in to stock

Back
Top Bottom