• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Any news on the Strix OC's?

We have no news on other brands until Monday sorry.

MSI arrived today, but it was more Gamers and Armours.

Gigabyte have more 1080 due next week, Zotac also.

Asus I really do not know, the near 50 promised for this week have still not arrived and no update on the next amount.

The twitter post of 1000 this week seems to have being a complete lie or has being delayed, Asus just seem to be digging a bigger hole as they are proving to be the worse company with ETA updates and stock volumes shipping and then cause huge issues when they post false statements on twitter.

Hopefully they are just behind and next week the large shipments will come through.

Associate
Hi there

I can confirm they are here, warehouse will get them shipped out today and shall be working until 19:00 to make sure it happens.

Is that just the 50? I got a message to say that's all you were receiving??

"You are currently approximately 110th in the pre-order queue for these cards. If we do receive the expected delivery today, yours would not be included unfortunately as we're expecting no more than 50"

OcUK Staff
OP
Is that just the 50? I got a message to say that's all you were receiving??

"You are currently approximately 110th in the pre-order queue for these cards. If we do receive the expected delivery today, yours would not be included unfortunately as we're expecting no more than 50"

50x SC 1080
50x FTW 1080

Orders shipping in date order!

Associate

MSI arrived today, but it was more Gamers and Armours.

Gigabyte have more 1080 due next week, Zotac also.

Asus I really do not know, the near 50 promised for this week have still not arrived and no update on the next amount.

The twitter post of 1000 this week seems to have being a complete lie or has being delayed, Asus just seem to be digging a bigger hole as they are proving to be the worse company with ETA updates and stock volumes shipping and then cause huge issues when they post false statements on twitter.

Hopefully they are just behind and next week the large shipments will come through.

Please strong-arm MSI into sending sea hawks out in mass am up to 39 in the queue now. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Boom, just added a few items to my FTW order because why not. :D

Declined Saturday delivery because i'm not here until late Sunday anyway... Roll on Monday!

OcUK Staff
OP
Good job Gibbo! :)

Also, does anyone know whats up with people moving down the pre-order queues as it's slightly concerning that waiting can result in you being in a worse position?

The system works by date order, so that means people can change the card to another brand and it slots in at their original order date.

We feel its the fairest way as they already paid their money, so the system just focuses on original date ordered.

Soldato
If we did not take money upfront, and charged card today when shipped, the outcome for us is the same, we'd still lose.

Unless what your suggesting is OcUK does not take upfront payment, so then when this happens we simply increase the prices and charge customers the new higher price or cancel their orders. Think if we did latter people would not be so happy.

.zZ

I'm sure customers would understand that they're at the mercy of the exchange rate. Yeah they may not be happy but what can you do?

OcUK Staff
One of the issues I can see with taking the payment on shipment is that quite often payments are blocked by the bank. I think people would be even more annoyed knowing the order has been delayed even further because it has not been paid for.

Associate

Ass's more like!! I always bought ASUS and Corsair, seriously thinking of switching alegiance to MSI after this fiasco...

Enjoy your cards, all those lucky beggers actually getting them :)

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
Ass's more like!! I always bought ASUS and Corsair, seriously thinking of switching alegiance to MSI after this fiasco...

Enjoy your cards, all those lucky beggers actually getting them :)

MSI and Gigabyte in fairness has being totally awesome on this launch, they have shipped us so much stock it is crazy in comparison to other brands. :)

Yes MSI have messed up on Aero shipments, but no one is perfect and Gigabyte had the packaging issue on Extremes.

Back
Top Bottom