Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
February 13th 2018: The game launched!

A tip from TheSwede:

If someone want a bit wider FOV, use the console and type: CL_FOV 90 .. Or what ever number you want.

A modguide to remove the need for savior schnapps for drinking (use at your own risk, and at the risk of losing some gameplay tension!):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300472152

Gameplay trailer:

Story trailer:

Launch trailer:

-----------------------------------------------------
Original OP:
New update came out today, showing off some of the RPG and armor systems in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlK3MURumeE

Here is the official website:
https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Latest story trailer:

E3 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSy1gNyjSXk

untitled_346_by_dennisk4-d7393a5.gif

Some screens I took from the tech beta (available to backers):

00074nvz07.jpg

00038seyma.jpg

00051hsbnu.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And of course I mistype the thread title. Could some nice moderator please change "Kingdome" into "Kingdom" in the title ? Thank you :)

Associate
There was a thread running for this already.

I've had it for some time but not checked it out in a while. It seems to be progressing very slowly but there is no denying it looks incredible and the combat is unique and well done in my opinion.

Soldato
Was impressed with how they were talking about RPG and character customisation, then on further reading I find you have to play as a set character with set features, and can't play as a female. I just hope the PC isn't voiced with paraphrasing, then I'll be out

Soldato
OP
Was impressed with how they were talking about RPG and character customisation, then on further reading I find you have to play as a set character with set features, and can't play as a female. I just hope the PC isn't voiced with paraphrasing, then I'll be out

Did you also not play Witcher because it only has guy playable and paraphrased dialogue?

Kingdom Come will have playable female character btw, although it will be a set character for some specific quests.

Soldato
Did you also not play Witcher because it only has guy playable and paraphrased dialogue?

That is not the point. Why highlight the rpg elements of the game when it doesn't even do the basics. It is advertised as an rpg, so I expected, reasonably you must admit, to be able to role play in it. Don't I have the right to be disappointed when I find out that actually I have to play as a set character? I'm not knocking the game at all, just saying I'm disappointed in it.

Paraphrasing is a cancer in modern so-called RPGs, and I will be very disappointed in every single game that features it!.. There is no reason for it, it is completely counter productive and makes no sense in an rpg.

... And can I take your post to indicate that it does feature voice acting and paraphrasing?

Last edited:
Associate
Just in case people miss the video in the top post.. it is very much worth a watch all the way through. I hope they can deliver what they have in mind!

Soldato

RPG is about choices. Seems to me, from what i've seen, a wide variety of choices are open to the player to deal with each situation.

Soldato
RPG is about choices. Seems to me, from what i've seen, a wide variety of choices are open to the player to deal with each situation.

As I said, I was impressed with the rpg elements they were talking about. It is the set character I am disappointed in... And I still don't know if it does have paraphrasing in it? I can't done the info anywhere.

Soldato
OP
That is not the point. Why highlight the rpg elements of the game when it doesn't even do the basics. It is advertised as an rpg, so I expected, reasonably you must admit, to be able to role play in it. Don't I have the right to be disappointed when I find out that actually I have to play as a set character? I'm not knocking the game at all, just saying I'm disappointed in it.

Paraphrasing is a cancer in modern so-called RPGs, and I will be very disappointed in every single game that features it!.. There is no reason for it, it is completely counter productive and makes no sense in an rpg.

... And can I take your post to indicate that it does feature voice acting and paraphrasing?

This is a very storydriven RPG. Devs want to tell strong story. That goes better with set protagonist rather than mute blank slate. Game can have set protagonist while also allowing for a lot of freedom and RPG stuff (Torment comes to mind). Personally I much prefer interesting set protagonist (like Geralt) over generic one (like Dragonborn).

Not sure about the paraphrased dialogue, although I also do not mind them, IF they are done well and convey the meanings properly. I don't remember if they were written in full or not in the beta.

also, could someone please fix that thread title ?

Soldato
What do you mean by paraphrasing?

Instead of choosing what your character says, you choose a phrase and he says something different. Like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 do.

I don't understand the point of it anyway, but in a game where you are 'supposed' to be role-playing as a character it is a baffling thing!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Thank you very much :)

Instead of choosing what your character says, you choose a phrase and he says something different. Like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 do.

I don't understand the point of it anyway, but in a game where you are 'supposed' to be role-playing as a character it is a baffling thing!

If you want the game to have cinematic presentation, it can make sense. Witcher 3 used it well, so did Alpha Protocol. When I chose my response, I usually knew what I was going to say.
Fallout 4 used it horribly, because Bethesda writers can't write, but that's not the fault of the system :)

I like how it was done in Deus Ex 3, where you had replies shortened but could click on them to see the full sentence.

Associate

I can think of a couple of reasons for it both of which make practical sense. Firstly, when the game is available with different languages it makes sense for the game's writers get the essence of what will be said across so the localisation people can craft a script around it.

Secondly, for practical purposes I would rather have a short piece of text on screen and a longer more in depth spoken reply, rather than having to read the whole scripted reply on screen, select it and then listen to the same thing I have just read.

Soldato
Haven't played much, but it is very impressive. Stuck on a quest in a small town last I played.

How do you find the dialogues? From what i've seen and i know its still only in beta but its horribly messy, lipsynching and weird stilted animations. On the one hand the graphics look very impressive in static screen but when i see them in videos....hrmm.

Back
Top Bottom