** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
Got mines yesterday, March 2016 build date. No dead pixels, No coilwhine, 100Hz no issues, Tiny bit of light bleed but really seen worse.

Amazing monitor, I went from a swift to this and I have to say. Welllll impressed! These screens are much nicer than the asus ones. 100%

Soldato
I'm this close '' to selling my 34' Sammy widescreen and buying one of these. Can get a cracking deal on a 2nd hand one a guy has been trying to sell for a while but having trouble selling due to the market for these screens being so small here in NZ. I'm giving him one final squeeze as I literally want to swop my Samsung for the X34 price for price. Got it confirmed that it clocks to 100mhz and zero BLB I can see. Will wait and see what happens.

Soldato
Yes, yes I know but I have a Fury X and the XR341CK. If I am getting more than 75FPS in the game I can turn on Vsync - this essentially locks the game at 75FPS whilst still using freesync - perfect smoothness with no input lag or screen tearing.

Its not the same though because with Vsync you get more lag than limiting the FPS 1 or 2 below if you have Gsync / freesync.

Associate
Hey guys, received my monitor yesterday...set it up 100 hertz....installed GTA5/Overwatch/Insurgency and Battlefield 4, all look stunning so far,without any tweaking.

1.Tweaking, is there anything else i should be doing? Ive never owned a monitor like this and would like to know im getting the best out my games.

2.Media, Youtube for instance.....Whats the best way in viewing this? I mean , i started up a youtube video there and when i selected HD 1080p (wasn't watching a 3440 vid)...the video didn't look HD much at all?
I tried to full screen it and it wouldnt allow me, i assume it would have looked worse,watching a 1080p vid in 3440 ultrawide.....So whats the best way still to watch normal 1080p vids? In a window? Im kinda dissapointed with this,hopefully im just doing something wrong.

thanks for any replies

Associate
Anyone got any experience with backlight bleed on the X34A, particularly in comparison to the Asus PG348Q?

I'm on my 2nd Asus and the excessive backlight bleed in the top corners is insane :(

Permabanned
Anyone got any experience with backlight bleed on the X34A, particularly in comparison to the Asus PG348Q?

I'm on my 2nd Asus and the excessive backlight bleed in the top corners is insane :(

I have the X34 and while there is BLB, its barely noticeable. Obviously some people are more susceptible to it but every IPS panel is going to have it to some degree.

My last monitor was the Dell U2713HM and I sent 4 back until |I got one I liked but again, there was SOME there

Soldato
I think (or hope) my display port cable has just packed in. I have the XR34 75Hz freesync version. All of sudden tonight I noticed the refresh rate had dropped to 30Hz. After an unsuccessful reboot I shut down, pulled the cable out and put it back in - this time it said cable not connected and won't recognise it anymore. I've put and HDMI cable in for now - it is still showing 30HZ. I know HDMI doesn't support freesync but should I be getting a higher refresh rate? I don't think there is a way to manually adjust the refresh rate on these monitors is there?

Edit: new cable ordered and arriving today via Prime delivery. I think I'm going to cry if this doesn't fix the problem...

Well the cable arrived - went to plug it in and realised after trying to put the original cable back in last night I had put it in the DP 'out' port in my flustered paniced state which of course is why I was getting a cable not connected error. Put the new cable in correctly - still 30 HZ - manually changed the refresh rate via Windows settings and was presented with loud pops, loads of blue aritifacts before reverting back to 30 Hz. Tried the original cable and set manually via Windows settings to 75Hz and it's fine! The new cable was a fairly cheap one but wow that was some scary noises and visuals.

Everything alright for now but I'm nervous there is an underlying issue now. Glad I kept the box...

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine 2 days ago and realised that my desk isn't big enough. lol

image.jpg

Associate
Its the stand thats a pain for me. I might look into wall mounting it to free up some desk real estate
You can just get a good desk VESA stand which does not have stupid tripod legs.
Like, for example, "VonHaus Single Monitor VESA stand"

Its pretty ridiculous that even Acers own stands for Z35 and X321HK use the other stand design that does not take that much space - I have no idea why they are keep using that silly design for X34.

Soldato
Still looks like they are available for £999 at a few places - Acer 34-Inch X34A

I am wary about spending this amount of money when the screen could have issues. I would rather see one working before buying it as I have had to send back 2 Dells in the past

Back
Top Bottom