World's oldest human being discovered in Indonesia at the age of 145

Man of Honour
Potentially possible - but don't think I'd want to live that long if more than half of it was suffering with old age related difficulties :|

Associate
Well I think that sort of age is pushing it a bit. I had a quick google of others and it says there was some Nigerian claiming to be 170 something. Just reminds me of all those Nigerians claiming to be about 10 years younger in football.

Whether it's real or not. It'd be crazy to experience how much the world changes in such a time frame.

Associate
True or not? Who knows. Frankly i don't think i'd want to live that long, don't blame him for wanting to die.

Caporegime
There's been a few cases like this before where evidence showed they were either fraudulent or a date anomaly had occurred.
Potentially though I think someone could live that long.

Soldato
Potentially possible - but don't think I'd want to live that long if more than half of it was suffering with old age related difficulties :|

Mmm

On the other hand, your senses, thinking processes and memories vanish when your brain packs in so dying from a personal perspective doesn't improve matters.

I'll take the extended life with diminished facilities for as long as possible.

I mean if I subscribe to a conciousness after death scheme that's never been proven and it doesn't work I'm not going to feel like a right lemon. It would serve me right, if I was around to think about it.

So I'd rather not wish the finger to get to the light switch any faster.

Soldato
Well, the oldest confirmed was 122 according to that article. It's not an enormous leap to 145, so it's plausible. But it's hard not to be sceptical. Besides, there's a Nigerian who claims to be 171 - how can that not be true?! ;)

Soldato
Don't think there is anything nice about it. :(

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Anybody who lives that long will see all his Contemporaries, Children, and even Grand children (And even Great Grand Children!:eek: ) pre-decease him.

Who would want that really?? :( :(

Caporegime
It's entirely possible. Why not? 50-60 yrs old was considered seriously old back in medieval times. I don't see why some fluke could double that today

Actually it wasn't! It's a common misconception but people when not killed by others often lived to ripe old ages! Child mortality massively skews the figures.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually it wasn't! It's a common misconception but people when not killed by others often lived to ripe old ages! Child mortality massively skews the figures.

Indeed, I mean they were wallowing in their own filth 24/7. That would build up a strong immune system, if you survived infancy then you'll live to a decent age.

Back
Top Bottom