Present and Upcoming Horror VR Games !

Associate
I just thought i would start a post asking peoples knowledge about present and upcoming VR games they know of that i may have missed. And obviously for point of reference and help for others who like this genre.

See for me, although i enjoy playing other VR games and maybe im just sick or something but for me i like to be scared and creeped out and have to say ive not had the slightest bit of that on my vive or in fact since Affected and Dreadhalls on my DK2 but by sick i mean i LOVE getting others on horror games and seeing their reaction...especially blokes who think they are hard but are big softies, we all know one !

Here is some horror games ive played and ones im looking forward to, be good if others mentioned any ive missed :)

Dreadhalls (awesome when i played it on the DK2, i was actually reluctant to go into the darker areas for a brief time but what i loved most was my wife and sister ******** themselves on it...resulting in my wife claiming never to play a scary VR game again despite loving horror films and horror games usually.

Affected = By Far the best horror games ive played, a game that had two mates screaming like girls and one refusing to play because he was feeling a bit sick lol after clearly being shook by dreadhalls !

Slenderman on the DK2 - My son nearly broke the headset

Sisters - Thought was pants

Lost in the Rift - which i didnt really rate

Chair in the Room - Which im considering getting but not sure

Upcoming Games im looking forward to

Paranormal Activity - This looks awesome !!

Alisons Road - I only Recenlty found out has been cancelled

Resident Evil 7
- Looks really good i cant wait

Visage
- Which looks like it could have potential

I would love to know any others people can recommend either available on htc vive, revive, gear vr or any upcoming games.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only two horror games / jumpscare games I have for CV1 are Affected v1.62 (as you say, its great and also free) and CrystalRift. More a jumpscare game but still good

Associate
OP
yeah crystal rift was ok, affected does seem like the best so far, looking forward to the new affected cabin that should be good.

Thats awesome news on allisons road thanks for that :)

Soldato
has anyone played dark days vr ? Its initially for the GearVR but im wondering if you can play it on the oculus no worries?

heres a clip looks not bad :)

Soldato
Can't link directly to it because of swearing, but for anyone curious about affected I streamed myself playing it. I made it exactly 10 mins lol. The 5 min mark had me nearly fly out of my chair.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfphzWnz18UweSSrjOPfh_1ULKH7du7FB

I played Affected on the Dk2 was one of my first vr experiences...scary as hell. Only thing its mainly a walking simulator though.

Did you just record as normal with shadowplay? It will record the oculus rather than the monitor?

Soldato
I played Affected on the Dk2 was one of my first vr experiences...scary as hell. Only thing its mainly a walking simulator though.

Did you just record as normal with shadowplay? It will record the oculus rather than the monitor?

Yeah just used shadow play. The game is displayed on my monitor in 2d (albeit not at full monitor res). So shadowplay just grabs onto that. I wasn't sure if it would work myself, but it seems to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom