The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Associate
Anyone know of a nice ENB that doesn't make every interior and cave etc so dark you cant see a friggin thing? So I've tried RealVision, Seasons of Skyrim and Natural Lighting and Atmospherics.

Ta.

Irc, If you follow the complete installation by Skyrim Tuner, you'll see that the lighting mod he recommends, 'enhanced lights and effects' has an option for cave darkness level.

I think.

Soldato
As above it isn't usually GPU limited but there are some CPU ini tweaks that should help but I've done the same and installed vanilla Skyrim + Enderal just just to see what it's like and the FPS is all over with my single 980 Ti hardly breaking a sweat (load ~50%). Maybe time to start digging out the mods.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any chance you have some more pictures ? Been ages since I played so thinking of a reinstall of everything and might pick some of yours mods, if the links here are still available ?

Update as I said I would, everything is running like it used to!
Windows 10 + ENB 305 + latest SKSE all works.

Here's some screenies to finish it off, happy to update some of the OP for the Directx fix above and that ENBhost shouldn't be overwritten from the standard one from Boris (what I have found anyway).

Only issue I have is fire effects create a box around the mesh, think I've got my mod order a bit messed up, but shall fix that at some point.

Stamina bar sneaking in each of the screenshots! :(

ENB Used: Grim & Somber: Jyggalag

Soldato
As you all wish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QjAANaXeEuZXNpd0dBSW00SDg/view?usp=sharing

That is the mods folder, extract and place all of those into your MO mods folder wherever that is for you.

EDIT: It moans that it can't scan it as it's too large, It's 100% clean! My friend has used it as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6QjAANaXeEuRnFfQlh1VHplV3c

This is the MO backup of the mod order, place this file in your MO profile directory i.e. MO\profiles\default. There is a yellow arrow on top of the mods pane (left side), click that and it will restore the list from the file above.

Then for the plugins, just click sort and it will do the rest.
Here's the mod list also, but for some reason it extracts it in reverse haha!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6QjAANaXeEuNlVCNGowdWxrRms

Any questions let me know.

I can help with an ENB once you have the mods loaded, they're 85 or 95 forgot as I've added extras now.

(Real clouds and ELFX are unticked in that list, I used dark dungeons and relighting skyrim instead, you can play around as you wish, and I didn't really like real clouds).

I finally got my stuttering issues fixed and have downloaded all your mods, stunning time saver BTW.

So what ENB did you get settled on for Win10 compatibility?

** EDIT **

Ignore me, it's in the post above! :p

Last edited:
Associate
Is there a fullproof way of getting skyrim to work with sli or will i just have to wait till the special edition comes out.
Just did a bit of testing with 2x gtx 1080 cards....

Tomb Rasider (2014) at 4k ultra settings
single card 55fps, sli 110fps.

Skyrim at 4k ultra settings (facing riverwood, no enb)
single card 67fps, sli 61fps.

Latest drivers installed and i've tried out every tip i could find but no joy.
I know Bethesda use the worst games engine on the face of the planet but thats still a disappointing result.

Soldato
I think its a CPU limitation because the engine only uses 2 cores or something.

You can add

iNumHWThreads=4

or 8 or how many threads your cpu has i5/i7 to Skyrim.ini under [General] and it'll give a small performance boost but fps drops for no reason are probably DX9 limitations on the number of draw calls available. Vanilla game is heavily optimised Enderal likely not

Last edited:
Soldato
Could anyone help me understand something about making a Bashed Patch?

Basically when i run i get the message box below and I dont know if i'm supposed to just click OK or if i'm meant to un-tick the boxes and then click OK.

tarHKLr.png

Typically I just click OK and then click Build Patch as seen below. When I get back in to Mod Organised the ESPs for the mods in the first screenshot are un-ticked and I dont know if i'm meant to re-tick them or not.

25K58C1.png

Thanks

Soldato
It's good to be back in Skyrim after a month without a GPU :)

ECE982D573971245FDB3752B572BECFCF3291235

FD9BE18CE300AECB59363145FBFEAE061CCD6A04

CC4CDFB341DD03E2A865CBC8FC172CFE64D484E5

Could anyone help me understand something about making a Bashed Patch?

Basically when i run i get the message box below and I dont know if i'm supposed to just click OK or if i'm meant to un-tick the boxes and then click OK.

http://i.imgur.com/tarHKLr.png[img]

Typically I just click OK and then click Build Patch as seen below. When I get back in to Mod Organised the ESPs for the mods in the first screenshot are un-ticked and I dont know if i'm meant to re-tick them or not.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/25K58C1.png[img]

Thanks[/QUOTE]

From the Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade mod page:

[quote]If using any of the optional "True Weapons" files, load them just after the main WAF file. The True Weapon versions also include an additional file called Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp. This file should be placed at the very end of your load order. It contains a copy of the leveled list edits from WAF and is basically a "helper" file for creating a Bashed Patch. The reason for this is that the Bashed Patch doesn't do a great job at combining the type of edits that the True Weapons files make to the leveled lists. Often, if you have another mod that edits the same leveled list, the Bashed Patch will end up reverting the leveled list changes from WAF's True Weapons. By loading this helper file last, it will make help ensure your Bashed Patch contains the correct edits. [b]However, the good news is that when you build your Bashed Patch, Wrye Bash will merge this file into the Bashed Patch, meaning that it won't actually take up an additional plugin slot. After creating your Bashed Patch, you can disable this plugin, but leave the disabled file in your load order[/b][/quote]

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a skyrim Mod that turns it a bit more survivally? I know there is frostfall, which I think is only temperature and pneumonia, but is there one for food? And something to make wildlife more dangerous?

I've just read The Hunger Games ;)

Soldato
Realistic Needs and Diseases (make sure you get the USLEEP compatible version if you're using that patch) or iNeed also do food and drink. Drinking Fountains of Skyrim adds more sources of water, and you might want a cooking mod.

Hunterborn makes hunting more interesting/useful. Campfire adds a surprisingly immersive camping system, and Tentapalooza adds more tents for it

Archery Gameplay Overhaul or Nock To Tip improve the archery. Combat Evolved and Deadly Combat improve the melee combat, particularly at higher levels where the base game becomes incredibly easy.

There are loads of animal overhaul mods but for some reason I've never really used any of them.

Soldato
Aiming to do a restart on Skyrim and slowly getting my mods installed but having a slight problem.

Does anyone run SkyRE, SkyUI 5.0 and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade together ? I tried but can't seem to get the CCOR to show in the MCM menu for some reason. Added the patches it said was needed and also used USLEEP Swap Master Script to make the patches that required the old official DLC patches compatible with the new Legendary one. Nothing worked. :( So if anyone do have those running together, would love to hear any suggestions.

Thank you. :)

Soldato
Morning all,

I've just downloaded Skyrim again, shouldn't have uninstalled it :( As now I have to remod.

But, that's why I'm here, I was just wondering, is there a list of 'improvements' in the remastered version? I don't want to spend another week modding Skyrim again only to download a remastered version that has it all covered in a months time.

Soldato
Depends what mods you're after, I expect the remastered version to have a lot of texture mods already in place, but gameplay mods and ones that require SKSE you'll be waiting a while in the new one.

So if it's purely for texture/ENB mods, probably wait a few weeks.
Anything more, re-mod the current Skyrim and wait for a few months/year.

Soldato
Depends what mods you're after, I expect the remastered version to have a lot of texture mods already in place, but gameplay mods and ones that require SKSE you'll be waiting a while in the new one.

So if it's purely for texture/ENB mods, probably wait a few weeks.
Anything more, re-mod the current Skyrim and wait for a few months/year.

I mainly do amour/weapon packs, textures and interface overhaul. Nothing extreme. I might mod away anyway, then install the remastered version along side it and see how it goes.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom