Show me your Living Rooms - Painting and decorating inspiration

Permabanned
Hi Guys,

Been going round room by room painting and decorating, but got stumped when it comes to my Living room what colours I want, I feel I want a feature wall but just can't think of colours, I done my bedroom creams and browns so don't want to do the same in the living room, can you guys show me your living room setups to inspire me perhaps? :cool:

Soldato
Green (& greys) for living spaces :)

0E0W7sm.jpg

Gigantic 2 person arm chair is epic :cool:

(Pendant light patch has been sorted since :o, I also have a side table and lamp no longer balanced on a speaker :p hadn't been in long)

Edit: Coving really nicely finishes a room, started up stairs but one of those winter jobs.

Last edited:
Soldato

http://i.imgur.com/0E0W7sm.jpg[IMG]

Gigantic 2 person arm chair is epic :cool:

(Pendant light patch has been sorted since :o, I also have a side table and lamp no longer balanced on a speaker :p hadn't been in long)

Edit: Coving really nicely finishes a room, started up stairs but one of those winter jobs.[/QUOTE]

Green, interesting. We have a grey front room and need to introduce some colour. We were thinking yellow. Yellow flowers seem to suite the room quite well. But green could be another option.

Soldato

0E0W7sm.jpg

We'll be going grey as well but probably with orange although green has been mentioned a lot but we had that in our bedroom before we moved.
Pinterest has a lot of ideas like Houzz.

Its the flooring thats stumping me. It'll be wood but not sure whether to go for an oak or a grey/silvered wood (white skirting and coving, a rug to break it up I think). Its a lounge/diner so get light in through doors at the back (south facing garden).

Soldato
I've gone with an amber wood stain for the floor, grey walls and white skirting, coving etc to break things up. Looks good. If I remember ill post up some images.

Soldato
Good idea for a thread OP. I've recently bought a bungalow which I'm renovating and requires significant amount of ideas.

I have a large lounge / diner (over 6m* 4m approx) which I'm struggling to think of colours for.

I won't be going for green however! :p

Soldato
I'm more of a fan of neutral walls and making other things in the room the standout feature, be it furniture, artwork, curtains or in my case also radiators. Excuse the Xmas lights on some of the beams but its the only photo of the living room I have to hand:

OFH.jpg

Permabanned
OP
I'm more of a fan of neutral walls and making other things in the room the standout feature, be it furniture, artwork, curtains or in my case also radiators. Excuse the Xmas lights on some of the beams but its the only photo of the living room I have to hand:

OFH.jpg

Nice room BigT - I reckon the brown beams would look nicer and brighten up the room if you went for a chocolate brown like the seat in the corner, Dulex do a paint called cookie dough :D but i like the simple neutral colours

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

OFH.jpg

Your house looks like a nice one, neutral walls all the way for me too.:)

Soldato

OFH.jpg

Very nice,Modern and cosy. ;)

Soldato
Nice room BigT - I reckon the brown beams would look nicer and brighten up the room if you went for a chocolate brown like the seat in the corner, Dulex do a paint called cookie dough :D but i like the simple neutral colours

You can't really 'unstain' the wood easily. It's a little lighter than the photo makes out.

Very nice,Modern and cosy. ;)

Heh! As someone pointed out to me the other day, it was built before the Europeans found America.

Back
Top Bottom