Social Justice Warriors

Soldato
My mind was blown by this and now I think I might be addicted to SJW videos. The total stupidity of the way they express their views and opinions is the most alien thing to me. They may have some valid points, but they seem unable to put them across appropriately. They just shut the other speaker down and shriek over them. It seems they are hell-bent on stifling freedom of speech and removing all potential sources of discomfort from the world.

Bearing is the best channel on YouTube at the moment (see below) on pointing out just how crazy and mentally deficient the SJW movement is

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwW_vaMPlq8J4weKDsfeJzw

Also please watch the wonderful The Triggering :D

Soldato
I am terrified of the day these ********** start to filter into graduate schemes in the workplace. How is it going to work? The HR departments are going be on overdrive. Presumably these people live their values day-in, day-out, all day. Are they going to have a go at the white guy in his mid-50's in the drawing office or accounts for being a cisgendered, white privilege, baby boomer?

I wouldn't worry about it to much. They'll either grow out of it and shudder everytime they think about it, eventually having so much self denial that they ever were that person they openly mock the next batch. A few will remain though to become the minority militant wierdos that turn up at rent a crowd events stinking like a tramps knapsack with hair you could hide a badger in.

Soldato
Also please watch the wonderful The Triggering :D

That video is just unbelievable... I am not an old "fuddy duddy" but what in the hell is wrong with certain elements of the "audience" who feel they can just scream and shout over the top of invited speakers... If you KNEW you werent going to like the topic of conversation or that you might be "triggered" :rolleyes: then why go??

I've never seen/heard so many rude children in my life and, yes, they are children IMHO...

This may be a meme but it puts it in perspective every time IMO:

l861n3-Cj7HeeManAslnCsYEAsgQ84y4b3Kgj-J8Pz2gjXgZChD87-3nCOQODOXDG1DRj54_RDVpbQ=w2560-h1440-rw-no

Soldato
Misogamy is hatred of marriage. Is that the currently fashionable thing for hypocritical bigots to rant about?

As usual, in addition to being sexist hypocrites they're also completely ignorant regarding the thing they're talking about.

"witch" is an ungendered word. "warlock" means "oathbreaker". It's not the masculine form of "witch". It's a different word. That's not a new thing - it goes back at least 1000 years because it's an Old English compound word.

But they wouldn't care even if they bothered to check because they regard the things they make up to help them pretend their irrational prejudices are rational as being more important than reality.

Well I never, I've actually learned something in GD. Thanks.

Man of Honour
Well I never, I've actually learned something in GD. Thanks.

I've learned a lot in GD. The proper use of letterboxes, for example :)

I only knew off the top of my head because (a) I've known some witches, some of whom happened to be men, and had reasonable discussions about their beliefs with them and (b) I have an amateur interest in the etymology of English. Anyone can confirm it, though, since it's a well documented and uncontested etymology.

In case anyone wants a bit more detail, the original OE compound word was "waerloga", which has a crudely literal translation to modern English of something like "formal promise liar". It was a very extreme insult.

It was also completely unrelated to witchcraft, although some witch-hunters much later in some parts of the UK tried to make the connection on the basis that they claimed that all witches had broken an oath to the Christian god made by Jesus that bound all humans or somesuch nonsense.

Caporegime
I'm so glad I'm done with education now and I don't have to step foot in a university again. I bet in about 5 years time they're just going to be a cesspool of entitled liberal idiots trying to force their utterly stupid opinions on everyone. It's certainly heading that way in the US. I really can't stand these people.

Whatever happened to Trigglypuff?

Probably protesting about the standard width of doors or something equally as pointless.

Back
Top Bottom