******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Ran the game

- No ship in my Hangar lols. Had to Google how to add it
- 3440 not supported. Menus freak out. Have to switch to 2560x on my $1500 monitor
- Runs at 30fps in main station and has 25% each card

I mean, come on, really?

Soldato
OP
Ran the game

- No ship in my Hangar lols. Had to Google how to add it
- 3440 not supported. Menus freak out. Have to switch to 2560x on my $1500 monitor
- Runs at 30fps in main station and has 25% each card

I mean, come on, really?

Ask for a refund.

Seriously this isn't going to be a simple game to play at release (heck it isn't already) so if you're struggling to cope with the absolute basics of alpha and literally a handful of clicks you'll melt down when you get into the PU.

Might as well prevent that stress :p

Soldato
Ask for a refund.

Seriously this isn't going to be a simple game to play at release (heck it isn't already) so if you're struggling to cope with the absolute basics of alpha and literally a handful of clicks you'll melt down when you get into the PU.

Might as well prevent that stress :p

I guess my tolerance is fairly low so fair comment. Why doesn't it hold my hand damn it haha

Determined to at least launch my ship :)

How are you getting on landing that sidewinder, bro? :o

Caporegime
I guess my tolerance is fairly low so fair comment. Why doesn't it hold my hand damn it haha

Determined to at least launch my ship :)

How are you getting on landing that sidewinder, bro? :o

I have the auto land thingy now, lovin it :D
-------

SC is very much in Alpha, 30 FPS is not uncomen, no matter how powerful your rig you're stuck at the same performance as us peasants.

Look, its buggy as hell, performance is often atrocious, but, because of the way its funded 'by us' the reason for all this buggyness and alphaness is because we have access to it long before its ready.

Its a tech demo, its a hint of whats to come, it will grow and improve.

This is an example of whats coming in the next update. GTX 1080 running this BTW

Last edited:
Associate
Still don't like the flight controls in this game. Still prefer the Elite Dangerous control system.

Me too that is because Elite: Dangerous doesn't really subscribe to the newtonian physics as far as I'm aware. I think it has got much better in 2.6 especially since they have now slowed things down a little and moved the flight modes to afterburners and boost.

Just takes time to get used to them due to how many there are.

Yes - I spent a good hour or so going through the control mappings to set them up as I wanted and made a note of the important ones (for Arena Commander - as this is what I've been mostly playing) and stuck them in a table in a Google doc so I could refer to them whilst flying. I also did the same with my joystick mappings using a PDF template I found on the web. Makes for a more fun and less frustrating gaming session :)

Ignoring Harry's comments above, shouldn't run poorly in the hangar with your spec to be honest. Was it a brand new install? Just wondering if something in the XML config file from a previous version could have been causing it, or even verifying installation files from the launcher might have helped much like you can do with Steam installs.

Ironically I had a hell of a time last night getting my controls setup for Elite, so much so I'll probably just not bother going back to it. Requires me to configure deadzones/curves outside of the game for my devices and I just cannot be bothered with all that faff. Well I might just go use keyboard/mouse I guess :p

Echo the statements with a 980ti you should be able to run in the highest graphics preset with little to no problems. I'm running 50-60 FPS in hangar at 2560x1440.

Halfmad - why do you need to configure deadzones / curves? Maybe its just CH but with my CH Fighterstick I've never had to configure curves or deadzones for Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen. What joystick are you using? I originally had a Logitech wireless joystick and that was terrible - i put it down to very poor sensors and a lot of play in the mechanism.

Have you tried a game pad instead in Elite: Dangerous? I can do most things apart from combat with my xbox 360 pad. So I swap between joystick and pad depending on what I'm doing.

Caporegime
I just use Keyboard and mouse, I changed Role Left / Right from the default mouse X axis < why the ####? to Q and E Keyboard binds, and the mouse X axis to Yaw Left and Right.
For Elite Dangerous ^^^^ thats the same as SC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hahahahahahahaha that autodocking module ;)

Yeah fair. I launched my ship finally then got stuck. Need to figure out how to bind my Warthog

Cheers

Ignore the standard key binds and joystick maps, they are made by people to special for even the special bus to take to school.

Also, to prevent you from punching yourself in the head in frustration, enable toggled afterburner in the menus before you fly anywhere.

This will allow you to use linear throttle control for the ships full speed range rather than the completely spastic way of holding down the afterburner button to accelearate then decoupling at your desired speed to maintain it.

Soldato
OP
Halfmad - why do you need to configure deadzones / curves? Maybe its just CH but with my CH Fighterstick I've never had to configure curves or deadzones for Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen. What joystick are you using? I originally had a Logitech wireless joystick and that was terrible - i put it down to very poor sensors and a lot of play in the mechanism.

Have you tried a game pad instead in Elite: Dangerous? I can do most things apart from combat with my xbox 360 pad. So I swap between joystick and pad depending on what I'm doing.

CH Throttle is insanely sensitive without having the CH software installed to numb it down, I can do it in-game for Star Citizen though so it's not a problem, tiny deadzone, custom curve - problem solved. Not got that option with elite so I'll use KB/M (with the analog axis on the roccat tyon as roll). I'm not likely to play elite as much as I did in the past anyway as I played it to death in beta and just after release with org mates. Plus I already have the urge to get out of the seat in Elite, feels very odd to be stuck there now :( especially as trackir works so well.

I hated 360 controller on Elite, generally only use them as a last resort for driving games or the likes of Broforce, I'm more of a keyboard/mouse player in general.

Soldato
those with a HOTAS, which throttle option in the menu do I need to assign to my throttle in left hand so when it move it in increments, it only increases throttle by that much? I'm still not able to set it so that I can increase and decrease throttle by small margins. It's either full power or dead stop.

Soldato
So had a go at the FPS side of the game. That was god awful. Never mind, will wait. The menus lag, the controller support crashes. Esc button means you quit the whole menu and can't get out a sub menu. Changing resolution on the fly screws the mouse up so you can't hit the buttons. Game pad often doesn't respond. Not to mention the awful load and lag consistently.

Guess will wait for 3.0 however at moment 2.6 seems unplayable mess to me even at Alpha.

Soldato
those with a HOTAS, which throttle option in the menu do I need to assign to my throttle in left hand so when it move it in increments, it only increases throttle by that much? I'm still not able to set it so that I can increase and decrease throttle by small margins. It's either full power or dead stop.

It's in flight movement.

You need throttle set to that axis and it will work fine then.

Soldato
IMO 2.6 is a bit more messy than usual, it was rushed out to get it in our hands before Christmas.

I think at some point in January we will see a 2.6.1 patch

I do feel that way. It is inconsistent more than anything. I booted it up 4 times to try it on different settings (because on the fly changes break it) and I got one fluid game out of it (I am awful at it) and it feels like a shooter from 2002 with nothing new brought to it and lacking the ability for certain things that mean it has zero tactical play at this time.

Hoping for big improvements because as it stands there are hundreds of games that are more fun to play fps even in their basic free-for-all

Back
Top Bottom