What film did you watch last night?

I have been spoilt lately.

Room - 8.5/10 - What an emotional rollercoaster that was, little boy's acting was fantastic.
whiplash - 8.5/10 - Considering it is about Jaazz music which I do not like this film was great and the theme didnt matter one little bit as the acting, particularly J K Simmmons was superb.

Soldato
Grosse Pointe Blank - 9/10

I binged on this so much in the 90s that I couldn't watch it anymore. You can have too much of a good thing. 16 years later and it's the best thing i've seen in years. Grosse Pointe Blank has aged in the best possible way.

Caporegime
Revenge of the Green Dragons.

Found it on Sky and watched it as I like Ray Liotta.

Utter tosh. The true story had the potential to be so much better but it was just garbage with poor acting (Apart from an utterly wasted Liotta), poor script, poor everything. Can only give it a generous 3/10 I'm afraid.

Soldato
Grosse Pointe Blank - 9/10

I binged on this so much in the 90s that I couldn't watch it anymore. You can have too much of a good thing. 16 years later and it's the best thing i've seen in years. Grosse Pointe Blank has aged in the best possible way.

Great film. The Grifters is another John Cusack film worth revisiting.

Permabanned
Jack Reacher:Never Go Back - utter toss, worse than the first one which is saying something - 4/10
Magnificent Seven - silly western, way over the top gunplay with mostly poor characters, love westerns but this was average - 5/10

Soldato
Jack Reacher:Never Go Back - utter toss, worse than the first one which is saying something - 4/10
Magnificent Seven - silly western, way over the top gunplay with mostly poor characters, love westerns but this was average - 5/10

I think we've been spoilt with very good westerns in the last decade or more, magnificent 7 was a backwards step

Associate
A Monster Calls (2016) - 9/10

A heart-wrenching and emotional story of a boy coming to terms with losing a loved one.

The story is powerful and emotive, but also predictable and some scenes are cliché.

Strong acting from a great cast, and great use of the dream sequences and superb watercolour artwork make this film stand out.

Associate
Divergent and Insurgent.

Quite like them but I'm fully aware that the story is abit tosh and the characters are not particualy well developed. Regardless, I've enjoyed them. One more to go!

Soldato
Divergent and Insurgent.

Quite like them but I'm fully aware that the story is abit tosh and the characters are not particualy well developed. Regardless, I've enjoyed them. One more to go!

The first one I found to be drivel, out done only by the maze runner in teen fiction to be avoided imho.

Soldato
Deadpool -- 3.99/10;)

Rorschach is an anti-hero. Deadpool is a slightly potty anti-joke that refuses to die, with a whacky mix of mutants and mad science thrown in to keep you amused enough not to slit your wrists. But then again, if you can enjoy Marvel's meta-parodies of itself, it could've been much worse! If not, there's always Kick Ass (but not its sequel).

Back
Top Bottom