The Fall
True Detective
Game of Thrones
Ray Donovan
Jessica Jones
Daredevil

When do you sleep mate? :D

Associate
Reviving this as there's loads of stuff out there.

Started watching Taboo last night. Intrigued and I'm going to stick with it for at least the next two episodes. I've built some trust up in Tom Hardy as an actor, so interested to see what direction this goes.

Also started watching the American version of Mad Dogs. I watched the Brit version ages ago and liked it. Enjoying it though!

Soldato
Reviving this as there's loads of stuff out there.

Started watching Taboo last night. Intrigued and I'm going to stick with it for at least the next two episodes. I've built some trust up in Tom Hardy as an actor, so interested to see what direction this goes.

Also started watching the American version of Mad Dogs. I watched the Brit version ages ago and liked it. Enjoying it though!

I have just caught the 1st episode of Taboo. Thought it was very good.

Also started watching The Last Kingdom on iplayer.

Soldato
I started Brooklyn 99 a few days ago and I'm already onto season 3. Favourite character has to be Captain Raymond Holt with Boyle a close second.

That scene had me in stitches

Man of Honour
Just finished binge watching Season 1 and 2 of Red Oaks on Amazon Prime. Absolutely loved it. Yet another great show set in the 1980s, with this and Stranger Things I am loving all the 80s vibe on tv at the moment. Got to say that the Nash character in the show is hilarious, Paul Reiser is brilliant too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Highway Thru Hell.

Not sure why I like this. I have no interest in Trucks and usually hate reality TV shows but I have become totally caught up in the world of Jamie Davis and Al Quiring and their heavy rescue teams. Am nearing the end of Season 4, I can't wait for Season 5!!

Soldato
I've been looking forward to the first series of Amazons 'Sneaky Pete' since watching the pilot back in 2015. Accidentally binge watched the lot already :o It may not be the most original thing out there but it was easy fun watching and I think the actors did a good job. I'll definitely be watching season two (if there is one).

I also recently finished watching 'The OA'. Another good series I'd recommend people watch.

Soldato
Just finished watching Generation War.

Grim. Desperate. Horrifying. Powerful. And undoubtedly a small snapshot of what really went on that doesn't really get mentioned, from the German perspective. Need a drink to take the edge off after watching that.

Associate
Last evening it was a TV documentary about the repressive regime in Saudi Arabia. Immense wealth on one hand, filth in the streets and grinding poverty on the other (no filming allowed). Public maimings and executions, kangaroo courts for dissidents, etc. It went on and on so that I ended up thinking, oh golly gosh, has no brave outsider told them this kind of thing just will not do.
A lot of this evil is religion driven, or that is the excuse for it, and as soon as a disparaging remark is heard, either there or over here, it seems to be summarily dismissed as an outrageous attack on their religion. Ah well, its there country. I guess they should be free to torture and kill without fear of interference. So it has to be 'mouth shut', or someone might complain about what happens here - and someone else might have to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom