Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Don
not really - whilst we have had Rogue One in between the Episode VII and VIII, it's a two year gap between those. Looking back even the original trilogy only had between 2.5 years (New hope->empire) and 3 years (empire->RotJ), and the prequel trilogy films were 3 years apart.

As long as quality doesn't suffer, don't see it as an issue

Associate
just me that feels like they are just throwing the films at us at an unusual rate?

I would say yes they are, but are we complaining? not a chance. We are completely spoilt with choice at the moment, look at all the Marvel films (for example) that's been made over the last few years, characters coming to life on the screen for the first time we should be grateful we're living in this time! :cool:

Soldato
OP
not really - whilst we have had Rogue One in between the Episode VII and VIII, it's a two year gap between those. Looking back even the original trilogy only had between 2.5 years (New hope->empire) and 3 years (empire->RotJ), and the prequel trilogy films were 3 years apart.

As long as quality doesn't suffer, don't see it as an issue

quality is what i am concerned about. i feel like they are just turning the franchise into a cash cow (i know the purpose is to make money). "lets just make any rubbish, it has star wars on it so its going to sell"

personally i didn't like episode 8 but loved rouge one. which i believe certain star wars fans refer to me as "one of them"

Caporegime
quality is what i am concerned about. i feel like they are just turning the franchise into a cash cow (i know the purpose is to make money). "lets just make any rubbish, it has star wars on it so its going to sell"

personally i didn't like episode 8 but loved rouge one. which i believe certain star wars fans refer to me as "one of them"

Well both have been really well received so far, I think they're doing fine :p

It's not like Star Wars before Disney was exactly not a cash cow is it...

Caporegime
Re-return of the Jedi.

Don't like the title but the film might be awesome. Just trying to guess if Luke will be killed off in this one or the last in the trilogy. I'm thinking this one.

Soldato
Its hardly whopping out films, they were announced 5 years ago and went into pre-production in October 12. It's safe to say they have had plenty of time to work on the script and its highly likely they have been working on it for much longer than that.

Associate
not really - whilst we have had Rogue One in between the Episode VII and VIII,

Rogue One takes place after episode 3 and documents events immediately preceding episode 4.
Episode 4 was the original Star Wars released in 1977.

personally i didn't like episode 8 but loved rouge one.

You didn't dislike episode 8 because you haven't seen episode 8. The Last Jedi will be episode 8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom