Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Soldato
Only in talks at the moment but by god, if this were to happen would be my most anticipated movie for many years.

Now if only he gets to do it and has Deakens on board :eek:

..the filmmaker is now in official talks to helm a passion project he’s been keen to adapt for years – a new adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic science-fiction novel “Dune” for Legendary Entertainment.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/villeneuve-in-official-talks-for-dune-remake/

Soldato
Denis has put some fantastic films out in the last few years, his move to Sci-Fi is interesting and this could be fantastic indeed.

Soldato
Another reboot? I'd prefer a decent TV series, tbh. Dune has certainly got more material to fill one than something like Westworld, say. Plus this guy isn't around anymore:

nlDnxBO.jpg

:(

Visually Dune is easy to mess up.

Soldato
The problem with this is, that although I'm interested to see what Villeneuve will do with it, it's a story that is too complex for any film to really do it justice.

Like a poster above, I'd like to see a TV series. But, if there is to be a TV series; will it have the budget to at least not look cheap and will it last long enough to actually complete the story, before being axed due to not capturing TV viewer's imaginations?

Soldato
If it doesn't feature Sting parading round in a pair of underpants, Patrick Stewart with a tube up his nose, loads of shaven headed women milling about the place, some repulsive fat bloke getting boils lanced and Kyle Maclachlan jabbering on about Spice and "Fear being the mind killer", then I don't wanna remake.

:D

Soldato
If it doesn't feature Sting parading round in a pair of underpants, Patrick Stewart with a tube up his nose, loads of shaven headed women milling about the place, some repulsive fat bloke getting boils lanced and Kyle Maclachlan jabbering on about Spice and "Fear being the mind killer", then I don't wanna remake.

:D

I'm with you man! Still have that image of Sting embedded on the mind. The repulsive fat bloke not so much...

Soldato
OP
It's confirmed :D

Brain Herbert, son of the late author Frank Herbert, has confirmed on Twitter that filmmaker Denis Villeneuve is officially signed up to helm the new feature adaptation of “Dune”.

Herbert describes it as a ‘Dune series film project’ which suggests multiple installments – understandable considering the size and complexity of the material.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/villeneuve-confirmed-to-direct-the-new-dune/

Associate
Yea like most said, a series would suit it better but better than nothing at all!
I Would love another Dune game too, it was the only game that was ever close to C & C back in the day but then again another C & C would have been good, ie Generals 2 online only fiasco that got slated so bad they cancelled it... ******* EA as usual, bring back Westwood any day.

Soldato
Yea like most said, a series would suit it better but better than nothing at all!
I Would love another Dune game too, it was the only game that was ever close to C & C back in the day but then again another C & C would have been good, ie Generals 2 online only fiasco that got slated so bad they cancelled it... ******* EA as usual, bring back Westwood any day.

Dune 2 was the first RTS, all the subsequent C&C games were based on it.

Soldato
Looking at that site, I see that Villeneuve is making at least 2 films. A story that warrants more than being crammed into one film, so a good decision.

Back
Top Bottom