• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Waiting for the reviews first, then maybe wait for vega as well... full AMD system, never thought I'd see the day. 1800x I voted but if the reviews are great even for the lower end 1700 or even the R5s, I might get one of those instead. I will watercool both so it also depends on compatibility with EKWB stuff too. Waited so long so another month or two won't matter.

My i7 3770k with a Rx480 will be repurposed as a dedicated iRacing setup... just got to find room for it.

Soldato
I'm waiting for the reviews too. Need to see how well these overclock as if the 1700 generally hits similar levels to the 1700X or 1800X then I'd be annoyed that I'd wasted the extra money.

I'm expecting there to actually be some difference though, but we'll see. I've still got a feeling I'll end up getting a 1700 and being more than happy with what it hits.

Soldato
Depending on how these perform, will we see 8 pack pre clocked bundles?

Wouldn't count on it. He seems to be an Intel fanboy. (To be fair, I think it is probably more an OC fanboy, and the apparent lack of OC headroom on Ryzen suggests he has little interest here. Plus he gotta sell those for £900 7700k's to make it rain!!!).

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,347.90
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Looking at that but I have a holiday I need to pay for first in march, and with no option for finance on my screen looks like I am going just have to wait and and save up for a few months.

Associate
Hi there

Well we've now already sold 500+ Ryzen processors, so I am curious to know which processor OcUK customers went for or are planning to buy and why?

Also let us know what mainboard and memory you went with as well. :)

Looking at upgrading soon, so a bundle with quad channel DDR4, Mobo and Processor would be good - Power Supply as well if you're feeling generous.

Associate
want an 1800x asus rog hero,32gb ram new case and psu ,aio cooler ...prob looking at 1500 quid

had my athlon x6 1055t for about 6 and a half years now

looking at double single threaded figures and x4 multithreaded

should be a monster

Soldato
Hi there

Well we've now already sold 500+ Ryzen processors, so I am curious to know which processor OcUK customers went for or are planning to buy and why?

Also let us know what mainboard and memory you went with as well. :)
I would have thought it would be easier for you to tell us what we went for seeing as you've got over 500 pre-orders stacked up to analyse :p

Associate
I got the R7 1700, I only wanted the R5 1600x but I had £200 in gift vouchers for a store so I figured i'd treat myself.
I also ordered the Gigabyte AB350M-GAMING 3, will keep my eye out if anything else turns up as it seems it's slim pickings in mATX land.

Soldato
Honestly, I want to see how the 6 core units perform/overclock before I jump on an 8. I'll see as much gain from ST performance as I will from more cores :)

Associate
I don't think Ryzen will offer me anything coming from a 4.7ghz 6700K, when all I do is game. I'll wait and see the benchmarks but from what I can see at the moment any Ryzen chip will be slower in games unless they overclock really really well (doesn't seem to be the case), or the game is make heavy use of more than 8 threads.

Back
Top Bottom