Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Ahh it wouldn't be ocuk without these type of responses :p. I bought it because I love the game, the character, can afford it and just wanted some gaming stuff for my desk. The way i see it is I don't smoke and hardly ever drink, so I don't mind blowing a bit of cash on geeky things every now and again. Meh.

Caporegime
DSC_5017_zpsn6l2bopm.jpg

DSC_5020_zps2pzqk7eo.jpg

A rather expensive 1/6 scale MGSV Quiet model from Japan, for my desk. The level of detail is immense, whoever painted it has some serious skill. I don't think i'd have bought it if i'd known quite how much I was going to get stung by HMRC and Parcel Force though :mad:.

£300 figure so....£75 HMRC tax and duty?

h1Pih0H.jpg

Soldato
It was £190 ish, but got stung for £70 by HMRC and Parcelforce. My brother spends more than that in 6 months on his vices, so the price doesn't concern me. Just hate the import tax and added fees as they are a ripoff.

Soldato
I thought that as well, there was a £13+ charge for import duty and another £13+ charge from Parcel force and the tax itself was higher than I worked it out as. This is the first time I have ever been stung, so it was a surprise when I got the letter.

Caporegime
I thought that as well, there was a £13+ charge for import duty and another £13+ charge from Parcel force and the tax itself was higher than I worked it out as. This is the first time I have ever been stung, so it was a surprise when I got the letter.

I've been hit a few times, more now than before for sure and the larger the item, the higher the chances.

I bought two guitars and a lens from the states a couple of years ago...that was a lot of money for HMRC.

Soldato
It's just a very strange thing to buy, it's some creepy fetish model. Look at the ripped tights and she is wearing a thong. That's not an accurate model of the game or film.

Soldato
4k Deadpool Blu-ray and a massive lounging beanbag for people to chill on when people come around and relaxing on console's or what not. Annoyingly slightly darker then I was hoping for however :o

30uu7lt.jpg

Commissario
Good job, just had to put headers on several of them and some motor driver boards for a project. Did the first one without a set of helping hands and then went out and bought one, makes the job so much easier!
It does but I find for a board like that, just a blob of blu-tac on the bottom to hold it in place is better than a set of helping hands as it's more stable against the desk. Showing off your soldering at all? ;)

Back
Top Bottom