Upper piste depth 116cm
Lower piste depth 72cm
Snow conditions:
Upper pistes Good
Resort runs Spring snow
Off piste snow Varied

that's in Courchevel 1850, where I am off to on the 19th

Associate
how was everyones trip ? One of my mates just returned on Sunday and said France was being battered by that storm, and he only had 4 days of good skiing, rest was complete white out!

Associate
OP
We've been staying in Meribel with the full 3V pass and it's been awesome so far. Lots of snow Sunday Monday Tuesday but vis has still been good with some very clear mornings, tended to close in a bit in the afternoon but still enjoyable with all the fresh snow to jump about in. Today was pretty much blue sky and sunshine all day and the same is forecast for tomorrow. As a boarder the powder has been immense.

Associate
We've been staying in Meribel with the full 3V pass and it's been awesome so far. Lots of snow Sunday Monday Tuesday but vis has still been good with some very clear mornings, tended to close in a bit in the afternoon but still enjoyable with all the fresh snow to jump about in. Today was pretty much blue sky and sunshine all day and the same is forecast for tomorrow. As a boarder the powder has been immense.

Nice man!!

We leave on the 19th for Courchevel and I'm slightly worried as looking at the conditions atm, it's getting pretty warm very fast!

Soldato
Just got back from Banff. Had some fantastic conditions, just what I went all the way to Canada for. Was forking freezing when we arrived but warmed up a little and had 3 good powder days (one very good day), and generally a fantastic time. Lovely place, lovely people. Thinking of saving for next year already.

Caporegime
Apparently the patrollers at Lake Louise had some of the best conditions they ever ski'd on Friday. Saturday was good but visibility was poor and it started raining from mid mountain down in the afternoon.

Where did you ski?

Soldato
Apparently the patrollers at Lake Louise had some of the best conditions they ever ski'd on Friday. Saturday was good but visibility was poor and it started raining from mid mountain down in the afternoon.

Where did you ski?

Split my time between LL and Sunshine. Thursday was the main dump and both then and the Friday I went to Sunshine as I knew the hill a little better and was getting some exceptional boarding on Goats Eye with very minimal people. First run was pure powder surfing top to bottom, and nearly worth the holiday alone. Thursday morning was hilarious as all you could hear for about 3 straight hours from first lift was "Wooooooooo!!!" from anyone you came across. On the Wednesday, which was pretty wet everywhere (especially Lake lower front side) we were still getting snowed on at Sunshine and despite coming back soaked we had loads to play with. The whole morning I was riding deep drifts and having them filled back in by the wind and snow by the next run. Not ideal conditions by a long stretch but I was warm and dry and even with partial visibility it was a blast. I was about to re-book for next year already but decided to sleep on it as I'm still heavily jet lagged, however woke up today and still want to do the same thing. 10 days back in Banff same time next year. I know in these 10 days I barely scratched the surface of 2 huge resorts so I'd love any recommendations for next time!

Soldato
A week in Austra - no problems. One morning on the smallest slope ever, and I'm pretty sure I'vr broke my wrist :(

Heh, it's always the little slopes that do you over on a board. Two injuries this year....one was me in Avoriaz going down a long straight and narrow blue that was too flat to carve and had a flat at the end so you need to keep your speed up...took my eye off the piste to look at the scenery and caught an edge and hit the deck shoulder first. Heard some cracks as I landed, thought I'd bust my collar bone but turned out it was just my back re-arranging itself :) My back felt pretty good after actually! Sore shoulder not so much...

Second one was a mate doing exactly the same thing on Morzine side, except he went off the side down a steep slope into some trees, face-planted a bush, cut his face up and managed to get branches in his mouth and scratched his gums to hell. I did have to laugh quite a lot once I realised he wasn't seriously hurt, very funny to watch :)

I'm already getting the itch for next season, unfortunately funds rule out some late-season fun, boo.

Associate
Just got back from Banff. Had some fantastic conditions, just what I went all the way to Canada for. Was forking freezing when we arrived but warmed up a little and had 3 good powder days (one very good day), and generally a fantastic time. Lovely place, lovely people. Thinking of saving for next year already.

Hi,

Just curious if you booked this as a package or put it together yourself? Although I'm assuming the later.

Any details you're willing to share on flights, accommodation etc. would be appreciated, especially a ball park figure of cost(s) and budget.

Cheers

Associate
Just returned from Courchevel 1850, wow what a resort how the other half live! So much money there it's insane! however our chalet was amazing, Food just out of this world! Snow, Wasn't the best conditions but it was ok, we had a few small dumps higher up which was great for a couple of hours before it got cut up.
Night life starts very late around 00:00, So I didn't really stay out late as I wanted to get out on the mountain. Did the 3 valleys peeks in 1 day which was pretty cool! hard work but worth it!

Now to start looking for next years!

Associate
Broke my Tib and Fib on day 3 of my 'chill' trip to Andorra.

My girlfriend was in ski school for monday-wednesday to brush up and I was just bombing it about the resort solo monday, tuesday.
Went off the beaten track wednesday and had my accident (luckily i guess) as I was taking the top black run in Arinsal heading to the bottom of resort.

Took about 10 minutes post accident to get someones attention who went off to get me help quickly after, was wrapped up in a sled like thing and ski'd to the medical centre then taken to hospital in la vella for surgery.

Total bummer but I should be healed in time for next season, once I overcome the fear of getting that left ski boot back on (having a completely loose/dangling lower leg and a tight fitting ski boot pulled off it was honestly the worst experiences of my life)

iNk8Qpt.png

5AA5koN.png

Back
Top Bottom