**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
I hasn't gotten any better with the reset so I'm thinking its going to be a repair job - thanks! done a backup incase it goes completely.

Might try my luck for a replacement at Carphone Warehouse as it's less than 12 months old.

Worth a try mate, I'd insist for a replacement rather than just a repair of the unit itself.

Associate
Has anyone found a way of disabling the irritating app power monitor notification that pops up at least once a day to tell me about the apps it's put to sleep to save battery? It's very annoying and yet I can't see a way of blocking the notification (the usual options are not present, all i can do is remove from the lock screen).

L33

L33

Permabanned
Has anyone found a way of disabling the irritating app power monitor notification that pops up at least once a day to tell me about the apps it's put to sleep to save battery? It's very annoying and yet I can't see a way of blocking the notification (the usual options are not present, all i can do is remove from the lock screen).
Its in Settings > Device Management > Battery > 3 dots menu > Advanced Settings > Notification Settings.

Associate
Worth a try mate, I'd insist for a replacement rather than just a repair of the unit itself.

Went into the closest store near me this afternoon and person I spoke said they'd have to send it for repair. Before this I called CPW and they told to just go into a store and they'd replace without hassle - I should have asked them to put a note on my account or something. The person I spoke to was quite rude about it too!

I'll try another store tomorrow I think.

Associate
Is anyone using exchange server with stock samsung email app? i get some massive delays in sync... like 2/3 hour delays

I've tried other apps but i dont like the layout of a lot of them

Associate
Really not liking android 7 at all. Seems every difference makes no difference or is a retrograde step

Funny how we go mad for these updates then disappointment follows :rolleyes: My S7 isn't too bad on Nougat but have had the odd lag lately and has an annoying habit of turning on in my pocket. I've culled some apps and paired back notifications but still does it and can't work out why. I have the option to keep screen off whilst in pocket checked but don't have a phone lock other than swipe to unlock most of the time.

More annoying is the camera lens looks like it's been shot with a bullet. Phone not been dropped or pressured in pocket. Just seem to happen yesterday? Sooo, where do I get it repaired? Do I send it to Samsung or use an online repair outfit such as iMend.com? Thanks..

Associate
Funny how we go mad for these updates then disappointment follows :rolleyes: My S7 isn't too bad on Nougat but have had the odd lag lately and has an annoying habit of turning on in my pocket. I've culled some apps and paired back notifications but still does it and can't work out why. I have the option to keep screen off whilst in pocket checked but don't have a phone lock other than swipe to unlock most of the time.

More annoying is the camera lens looks like it's been shot with a bullet. Phone not been dropped or pressured in pocket. Just seem to happen yesterday? Sooo, where do I get it repaired? Do I send it to Samsung or use an online repair outfit such as iMend.com? Thanks..

Generally the update has been OK, but as I said in an earlier post, the Smartlock function doesn't seem to work properly in so much as it left my phone un-secure because it thought I was at home when I was not, and overall the battery life has definitely got worse (and there was an article published that actually proved that it had somewhere out there).

It's funny as you say we always look forward to them but then they fail to live up to expectations.

To be honest, I might even look once more at the iPhone after this Samsung, considering I can get a 128Gb iPhone free of charge from work, with 5Gb (though technically unlimited) of data for £8 a month, and just pay for the calls and texts. I don't necessarily like the lack of customisation on offer on the iPhones, but they are fast and fairly polished and thats a price differential too big to ignore completely. It'll be either that or the next Pixel phone for me.

Associate
Nine is probably the best Exchange/365 client there is. Although Google recently updated Gmail's Exchange addon part so that works too.

I tried Nine, and its awesome no denying but it doesnt support any other services yet, and thats a bit of a pain i dont like having multiple apps, i have one gmail, one icloud, and 3 work emails, so as you can imagine through multiple apps it can become a bit combersome to manage, i mean i've got a old iphone 6 here and everything works perfectly with the built in mail app, im very tempted to get another iphone and migrate over again.

Back
Top Bottom