Decent 4k TV Recommendations?

Associate
Been a while since I've looked at TV's but if memory serves, there's not much point getting a 4k panel below 55" as you wouldn't see the benefit regarding 4k?

Associate
49" would well be enough for that sort of distance i have the Samsung H6400 48" and roughly the same sort of distance id say 7ft which is just over 2m and ours is perfect

I'm upgrading from a 40" HD tele so I thought 49" would be a nice increase. Although I've just realised my current television bench is 100cm wide and the feet on the UE49KS7000 are reported to be 39.5" (100.3cm) apart so will need a new bench :(

Associate
Do they price match if I go into the store and purchase it? I'll probably go for the UBD-8500 Blu-ray bundle so hopefully they can still reduce the price. And while I'm there I'll see if I can demo the Bose soundtouch 300 as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm £840 for a KS7000 vs almost double that for a OLED B6... I cannot in anyway see how the OLED is worth double the amount, especially in a gaming setup where screenburn / low brightness are considerations.

Associate
Well in the end JL refused to price match applianceelectronics.co.uk because they charge extra for the 5 year warranty. However, thanks to The Craig I got it price matched with Hughes at £849. Also, in the end I decided to go with One S (there's a fifa 17 bundle with extra controller). Only downside neither were in stock so have ordered in.

Soldato
Well in the end JL refused to price match applianceelectronics.co.uk because they charge extra for the 5 year warranty. However, thanks to The Craig I got it price matched with Hughes at £849. Also, in the end I decided to go with One S (there's a fifa 17 bundle with extra controller). Only downside neither were in stock so have ordered in.

Looks like I lucked out! Will be pairing mine with my one S come Saturday..

Soldato
regarding the ks7000 I'm tempted to buy it too

here is a stonking £799 here at simply electricals I wonder if JL will price match this or not?

Soldato
edit that company offer free delivery and 5 year parts and labour warranty +
10 years screen burn

surely JL would match this then.

Caporegime
when it comes to John Lewis price match. It depends a lot on the person your claim is sent to. As some people could have had it rejected whilst others can have it accepted. I just send them a price match for every competitor offering a cheaper price and see if who they will match.

Back
Top Bottom