Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Associate
32GB 3200 I very much doubt working anything passed 2666

From reviews it looks like 2666 is ok for now, but I want to see the full 3200 speed in not too long. My modules are also on Gigabyte's official support list, so they must have faith they can sort it out.

2133 seems to be the true pants speed. Zen is significantly slower with the lowest speed.

Associate
C6H, BIOS 1001.

Corsair Vengeance LPX C16 3200 8GBx2.

Working for me at 3260 just fine, more details in Crosshair thread.

Hmmm, looking more tempting to go for the CH6 over the K7 then.

Also how are your VRM temps at 3.9+ GHz? I am pondering whether to go for a C-type cooler to blow down on them a bit, instead of a regular sideways blowing cooler. If the VRM heatsinks aren't that great.

Some people are reporting VRM temps of over 100 on the B350 boards, but I know the X370's have more VRMs to spread the load and bigger heatsinks.

Associate
Tempted to order either the Gigabyte or Asrock top tier boards, I know nobody has one yet but first impressions which one would peopel go for? Also should I save a little and go with the K5? Not seeing a noticeable difference between the K5 and K7?

Associate
Maybe they are redesigning the tachi so the gears graphic actually makes sense :D board does look good though...just can't unsee it now :D

OcUK Staff
Actually yes I am working to secure some extra boards for OCUK like 50 or so for my bundle and of course we will fulfill all orders first before using in the bundle. These are to arrive at Disti on Monday next week at the latest so I guess with us Tuesday or Wednesday.

Associate
Actually yes I am working to secure some extra boards for OCUK like 50 or so for my bundle and of course we will fulfill all orders first before using in the bundle. These are to arrive at Disti on Monday next week at the latest so I guess with us Tuesday or Wednesday.

Do you think the gigabyte boards will be in around the same time? Thanks! :)

Associate

Thanks very much! Will go ahead and pop a pre order in- also the fact you have sounded generally impressed with them and are using them in a branded bundle is very promising!

Back
Top Bottom