Poll: What AM4 motherboard will you be getting?

What manufacturer AM4 will you be buying?

• Asus

Votes: 93 33.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 66 23.4%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 81 28.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • other.

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Only thing putting me off the Killer is it's using a really old realtek codec for audio. I don't know why mobo makers have skimped on sound this time around. My Z77 from years ago has a newer version (ALC898) than the Killer (ALC892)... it can't cost much extra to put on the more modern chip...

Associate
Only thing putting me off the Killer is it's using a really old realtek codec for audio. I don't know why mobo makers have skimped on sound this time around. My Z77 from years ago has a newer version (ALC898) than the Killer (ALC892)... it can't cost much extra to put on the more modern chip...

Yeah I discounted any boards which didn't have ALC1220.

I'm a stickler for great audio, and the new 1220 is better than most dedicated sounds cards (on paper).

Soldato
I posted this earlier, it's gorgeous! Some reason they've skimped on the i/o cover that's on the Intel version though ☹️

Just pre-ordered this, cant wait.

@AllBodies I would have expected all boards to have the ALC1220 on them, I was a little surprised to see them using the older 892, cant be that much more expensive for them, and they would just pass the price onto us anyway, regardless I have a creative soundblaster Z which I use, although Creative support is rubbish and half the time on my new build it doesn't even get detected by device managed, right PITA, if my board came with the 1220, creative would be going bye bye.

Associate
This is the only thing putting me off going AMD ,the choice of motherboard s and the over all features, look, etc compared to the Intel board s example look at a asus hero board to the crosshair just the over all look quality of the hero is far better , I'd say wait and see what comes out , just the way I feel

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Just pre-ordered this, cant wait.

I'm close to ordering it for aesthetics alone... I'm annoyed there's no I/O cover though on a board that's made to look good... look at the AM4 version compared to the Intel:

zS0snIT.jpg Vs ABsQIo4.jpg

Notice something missing... again, surely that's like a couple of quid I/O cover, but makes the board look so much more polished.

Also, look how many more VRMs the Intel board has.

For some reason, mobo makers are really skimping on AMD.

Back
Top Bottom