Clash of Clans

Soldato
There has been a lot of discussion about war weight, rushing TH's, troop levels and game commitment in the in-game chat over the last few days.
I thought I would post about where I am heading with the game.

• I'm currently TH9 with close to max level troops & spells and have 8.5 level defensive buildings
  • I do some farming - mainly to upgrade troops and buildings quicker than waiting for war loot.
  • I participate in wars when my heros are not upgrading.

Base war weight - defensive buildings : I'm currently TH9
I am trying to keep my troop level above my base weight and my approach is to balance attack and defensive strength. I don't want a base which is too weak that gets easily steamrollered by a lower TH e.g. I have upgraded all single hit (low war weight) defensive buildings (Canon, Archer Tower, Tesla and Air Defense) and I have delayed upgrading splash damage (higher war weight) defences (wizards towers, bomb tower & mortars and the x-bow).

Troop and spell levels
My aim to get the strongest possible army for 3 staring higher base weight players in wars. To achieve this I'm going to be upgrading my TH early so I can get higher level troops and spells quicker, versus waiting for everything to upgrade to max level before upgrading the TH.

Walls
Upgrading walls are a lower priority for me. It takes a fair amount of time to farm the resources to upgrade them and the benefit seems relatively low - They are easily overcome with eq & jump spells and air troops.

Heroes
I'm upgrading these as fast as I can, trying to fit the upgrades in between wars and farming.

TH Upgrade
My plan over the next 2 weeks is to complete the DE barrack upgrades to get witches & lavahounds and then upgrade to TH10. My focus then will be to max Valks, Golems and spells so I have a very strong army, compared to my war weight.

I just wanted to get this out there :)

Associate
OK, so there's going to be some changes to the way we war from now on.

There are more and more players becoming frustrated in-game when they give 100% in wars, but we have players that for one reason or another, are letting the team down, for reasons such as:

- Poor participation
- Poor base weighting
- Using troop compositions that haven't been well thought out

As a result of this, myself and the other co-leaders have come up with a new focus for our clan wars going forward.

We're still happy to have lesser active players in the clan, but at least those that want to war, can do so knowing that everyone who takes part is giving it their all.

What we have been doing up until now is having our main wars on a Sunday and Tuesday evening, where we would include any players that were opted in. In addition to that we then ran a mini war for any players that wanted to take part.

What we'll be doing from now on, is having a Main Team that will be included in the main wars on the Sunday and Tuesday (provided you are opted in to take part).

There is a Google spreadsheet available for all to see, where we'll be keeping tabs on all of this (http://bit.ly/ZHWuv3 - 'Clan Members' worksheet). This will be updated and revised on a regular basis.

If you are currently down as a 'No' under the 'Main Team' column, then you will be able to see the reasons why in the other columns. If you're still unsure, please ask in-game.

If for example, it's because of bad war weight, then once your base weight has become more acceptable, then you'll become part of the Main Team. If it's simply down to poorly thought out troop compositions, then please ask in chat what's best to use. There are plenty of players of various town hall levels that are willing to help and suggest the best army to use (either in general or for a specific base).

Any players that aren't currently in the main team, will still have a chance to take part in wars. We'll be using the previous mini war for this purpose. These will include anyone that has opted in and will now take place on a Friday evening, so that they finish on a Sunday.

Hopefully, this change will result on less frustration for the majority of our players that want to war, and keep the possibility of any let downs in main wars going forward.

Jim :)

Soldato
nice spreadsheet.

I added that Quijobow was my 2nd account.

Also guys don't you think that for cc everyone should do one lower including me at 18. Now that its plus 2 to cc troops and lets be honest 16-20 usually get three starred its pointless guys in TH10-11 putting max strength cc troops in 16-20 th.

I'm happy to put troops in the lower th unless someone wants something I don't have yet like valks or baby dragons.

It will be good for Epic Ale my son to be in the minis as we are +1 hour and he couldn't attack until after school Monday and his screen time is very limited.

Is SDK's idea a good one? Should i be looking at TH8 before maxing out TH7?

All my defensive building will be maxed out long before the lab upgrades as they take so long 4-5 days each I think I calculated that all troop upgrades take 60 days I'm nearly at TH8 but was going to wait until I was completely maxed and full of loot.

Soldato
Sorry for last night guys. I've been working late the last few nights and it caught up with me a bit, I fell asleep whilst putting my youngest to bed!
I'm annoyed with myself really as I was ready to clear 4 in the early afternoon, but held off just in case my attack was needed elsewhere towards the end of the war. Should have just gone for it. I'll accept any consequences as a result.

Grinch

Last edited:
Soldato
So since I don't need elixir and do need gold I'm starting dragon raids one of the perks of maxing out a TH I suppose.

I'm terrified of TH9 and the cost of everything 1-2 million each upgrade lol

5 builders will be lucky if I can get more than 2 working at a time hehe

Does this make sense regarding total destruction?
The total destruction is the average of all the "Best Attacks" - Only thing to watch out for here, is best attacks are ranked by stars, so a few caveats come into play~

In your scenario, where you are currently tied by stars, they have no more attacks, and you have a few left, and % is very close, yes - you would want to see if your guys could improve the %, but they need to get the same amount of stars, not just a higher %. ~

For instance. You have a few TH8 attacks left, and only 2-star TH9s for them to hit. Probably not going to get a 3rd star on them, but they have say the following to attack: 2-Star/52%, 2-Star 64%, 2-Star 78%. ~

As long as they get 2-Stars AND a higher %, then it will increase your clan %. Taking the 2-Star 52% to a 2-Star 58% will help you. Only a higher % won't - for example, if they attack the 2/52%, but get 1-Star 60%, the "Best attack" is still the 2-Star 52% - see what I mean, it isn't JUST %.

Now, where you will need to be careful...

If you are 1 star down, with VERY close %. So in other words, you first need another star to tie, and then need to come ahead on %, let's say they are out of attacks again, and you have 1 TH8 attack to take a shot at a TH9.

Should we be looking near the end to up our % even at lower 2 star levels

Back
Top Bottom