• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI ARMOR 11GB Video Card is on sale and in stock in the US

So it wont be long now for us i think
I wouldn't wanna pee on anyone's bonfire, but I wouldn't wanna risk buying anything from MSI. Sounds like their customer service is a shambles at the moment. I cancelled my order and ordered the Asus but may even cancel that for the EVGA.

Associate
ahhh ive had cancel decline my 2nd offer for my 2 1080 classys on the bay, may have to cancel the whle listing because i want to get the aftermarket 1080ti but its gonna take ages for it to come in stock, if I sell both cards i wont have anything to use, only if OCUK provided a courtesy GPU for 1080ti pre order customers like car showrooms.

Soldato
Got an even better reply, ha
Dear Troy Race

In order to check warranty terms and seek for service,
Please contact the store or retailer where you purchased from

Thank you for purchasing MSI products!
Best Regards
MSI Customer Service Dept.

Why EVGA and Gigabyte are great for FE editions, official support from EVGA and Thumbs up unofficial from the other .
Plus both have reps on here .
Starting to see Asus post up a bit more but sounds like a bot

Associate
Wish asus would just hurry up and put me out my misery and give a official date

I hate when companys do this kinda stuff
There usual excuse is "it builds hype and interest"

Personally I find it annoying

Come on asus pull ya fingers out!

Associate
Why EVGA and Gigabyte are great for FE editions, official support from EVGA and Thumbs up unofficial from the other .
Plus both have reps on here .
Starting to see Asus post up a bit more but sounds like a bot

There are plenty of people out there saying that Gigabyte void your warranty for cooler removal. Thumbs up unofficial? What does that even mean? I wouldn't trust it. Either get it in writing or nothing... There's no ****** way I'm spending £750 and then trusting 'thumbs up unofficial' to water cool it.

Soldato
There are plenty of people out there saying that Gigabyte void your warranty for cooler removal. Thumbs up unofficial? What does that even mean? I wouldn't trust it. Either get it in writing or nothing... There's no ****** way I'm spending £750 and then trusting 'thumbs up unofficial' to water cool it.

Rep has posted multiple times, even posted last week in this thread :)

Associate
Rep has posted multiple times, even posted last week in this thread :)

Yeah, you're right. I just found...

About cooler removal, we don't endorse it. But it doesn't void your warranty unless you damage something.
If we separated the VRM cooling we would run into the problem that we are trying to avoid, that only incidental air is hitting it.
In the end I think it depends more on how good the AIO kit you put on. We understand your suggestion but we can't really build something for massive consumption and add small modifications so it can fit the needs of just a few users that plan to get rid of our cooler.

...so I stand corrected :)

Associate

I agree totally can't understand why msi passed the buck with my question as it really doesn't show there CS in a good light.

Soldato
I agree totally can't understand why msi passed the buck with my question as it really doesn't show there CS in a good light.

One of those things really were water blocks aren't actually 100% support, EVGA state it on their website but put a scratch on it and Void, or leave any trace that damage could have been caused by removing stock block and again, void .

Just did my 1070 Strix, easy to get around sticker on screw, pillars or oder the stickers online haha . but when it came to removing the ram plate, they use paint on the screws, seems wet paint so when removed paint is marked off

Associate
One of those things really were water blocks aren't actually 100% support, EVGA state it on their website but put a scratch on it and Void, or leave any trace that damage could have been caused by removing stock block and again, void .

Just did my 1070 Strix, easy to get around sticker on screw, pillars or oder the stickers online haha . but when it came to removing the ram plate, they use paint on the screws, seems wet paint so when removed paint is marked off
I see so they would look at any excuse to void the warranty if the could?

Soldato
I see so they would look at any excuse to void the warranty if the could?

Not quite, EVGA are quite pragmatic when it comes to cooler removal, orbital is being a bit overzealous. Evga will actually check the card for damage of a level that would cause a fault, e.g. a deep scratch on the PCB or components being knocked off. Scratches on the cooler, screws, backplate etc would all still be fine.

Soldato
Not quite, EVGA are quite pragmatic when it comes to cooler removal, orbital is being a bit overzealous. Evga will actually check the card for damage of a level that would cause a fault, e.g. a deep scratch on the PCB or components being knocked off. Scratches on the cooler, screws, backplate etc would all still be fine.

^^^^ prob this. But I still don't now how people scratch their coolers in the first place :)

EVGA and Gigabyte should make good sales numbers on the FE, I think they know apart from being the first cards out , people mainly watercool them .

Back
Top Bottom