Best chair up to £300?

Associate
Black and inoffensive please. I like the look of the VG Sl4000/5000. Should be comfortable for long play sessions. I'm 5'10 13st if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
Black and inoffensive please. I like the look of the VG Sl4000/5000. Should be comfortable for long play sessions. I'm 5'10 13st if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

As an owner of a SL-4000, it's an acquired seat. It has wings which can dig into your leg if you're not sitting correctly, and the padding is quite hard at first (normal for chairs but I felt the 4000 was rather solid).
A few months of use and it's nice and soft now, best seat I've ever owned.

So if you can get through the early period.... it's a fantastic seat!

Associate
I'd consider a refurbished office chair. Steelcase's the Leap V1 or V2 are very good and plentiful from office refurbishments for around £200. If you prefer the gamer aesthetic, then Noble is a solid choice, although I'm not a fan of gamer chairs; the bolsters limit movement, which i find more useful since my computer rarely, if ever, goes round bends at 120KMH. ;)

Soldato
I just ordered a refurbished (new leather) Humanscale Freedom chair with headrest for the total of £242.10. Incredible that they are a grand from JL!

I'm expecting it to be lovely :p

Soldato
The chair will be Burgundy in colour so not sure if that would suit?

I don't think I'm allowed to mention action sites, best offers and discount codes?

Associate
Popped into Ikea the other day for an unrelated item and parked my backside in their Markus chair for a test. It was really really supporting and comfortable, a massive upgrade to what I currently use. I cannot compare to any other high end chair im afraid but if you have an Ikea nearby its certainly worth a test!

Associate
My sons have the Markus chairs in their bedrooms for a few years now, they tell me they are really comfortable to this day and they still look new.

For the price I am very impressed with the quality.

Back
Top Bottom