The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Hotlin Miami 2. 6/10.

This game was fun and then you die for the 50th time in 6 minutes and it's not really fun anymore (but you keep going). I got stuck on the last mission and it was making me genuinely crazy. I had to uninstall the game and watch the rest on Youtube as my keyboard started to bear the brunt of my anger haha. And then I discover that you can press shift and see further into the distance!!!!! I had basically accidentally hanidcapped myself through the whole game haha!

Soldato
Dark Souls 3 - Ashes of Ariandel. Very good dlc with a very good area to explore, some good enemies, two grest bosses and a decent narrative, but a bit short. 8/10.

Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City. Top class piece of dlc. The ringed city is a fantastic area, the bosses are excellent and it brings the saga to a close nicely. The narrative again is pretty good.. Maybe a bit underwhelming for me if I'm honest though. Also, again I found it a tad short. 9/10

Dark souls 3 now that the dlc completes it - 9.5/10. It is an amazing game and the dlc adds a lot to it. I've already given a full review for it on here iirc so not much to add, only that looking at it now, the whole game doesn't have as much to do as the previous entries, especially with ng+ which is disappointing. Overall I'd probably say it is the best of the trilogy though.

Associate
DooM (2016) 8/10. Such a great fast pased shooter. There was a story hidden in there, but saved really for the cut scenes. Good 21x9 support and played in Vulkan so great framerates as well.

Soldato
Her Story - definitely and intriguing and unique experience. I didn't quite catch the whole story before I ended the game and my theory was a bit deeper than the explanation I read after completing it. Recommended for anyone looking for something a bit different. It's less than a fiver on GOG.com 7/10

Soldato
South Park: Stick of Truth. 10/10 if you like South Park, 8.5/10 if you just generally like comedy and/or JRPG gameplay.

Really made me laugh and was a great tonic to being off ill. The references that go way back to season 1 made me giggle so I've started watching it all again.

The story goes into some outrageous twists. You wouldn't want young kids watching while you play it, put it that way. ;)

Soldato
South Park: Stick of Truth. 10/10 if you like South Park, 8.5/10 if you just generally like comedy and/or JRPG gameplay.

Really made me laugh and was a great tonic to being off ill. The references that go way back to season 1 made me giggle so I've started watching it all again.

The story goes into some outrageous twists. You wouldn't want young kids watching while you play it, put it that way. ;)

Yes it's a great game and so well done. Really looking forward to the next one...

Soldato
Obscure (2005). Cracking little survival horror game in the style of the original Resident Evil games with the fixed camera 3rd person view. Really enjoyed it and some cool extras unlocked after completing the game - something that seems to have fizzled out with modern games hasn't it? It's also a significant achievement for me completing the game as the save mechanism is done via discs you find throughout the game - these limited save features have also stressed me out in the past as I'm usually a serial saver - it's the reason I abandoned my play through of the original Resident Evil as I couldn't handle the pressure of knowing whether to use a typewriter ribbon or not so this will give the confidence to back to it I think... 8.5/10 for Obscure.

Soldato
Her Story - definitely and intriguing and unique experience. I didn't quite catch the whole story before I ended the game and my theory was a bit deeper than the explanation I read after completing it. Recommended for anyone looking for something a bit different. It's less than a fiver on GOG.com 7/10

Unfortunately, I have the opposite opinion of this "game". I unfortunately allowed myself to spill two hours into it and I wish I could get them hours back somehow :p

Personally, if I could go back in time and just read the entire plot/story of it online, I would. 0/10 Would not play again. :p

Soldato
Tyranny - 8/10

Pretty short game by RPG standards, and I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time :D but still enjoyable to play. Might go through it again as a pure evil character :cool:

Caporegime
Completed the SP mode in Titanfall 2 and loved it. A little short, so I will drop a point off for that but kept me thoroughly enjoyed in the 5 hours it took me to complete. 8/10 for me.

Soldato
I finally completed Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim, over 3 years after I bought it. It was more of the same really, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I've not even completed the main story let alone touched the DLC, despite owning it since release on both PC and Xbox 360 lol... Thousands of hours in that game over the 2 platforms. No idea why I've never finished it?!!?! I'd love to spin it up again but it's the weeks worth of modding I cba with. I MAY just play it on the Switch when it comes out as then I'm forced to just enjoy it again and not spend half my time worrying about mods.

Associate
Splinter Cell Blacklist - 8/10

Had this one for a while but never got around to playing it until I got my Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti. Naturally it slept through the game at 1440p by never using more than 1500 mhz and 2gb of memory on ultra settings. The GPU fans only kicked on a few times during hot days here in the house otherwise night time gaming was silent. The solo game was good - didn't bother with with multiplayer because I also have Batman Arkham Knight to play. PS - Next review will detail just how wonderful the big flop Batman AK plays on a 1080 Ti. Everything maxed out and i'm still limited to just 90 fps. ;)

Soldato
Obduction - 8/10

I was never a fan of point and click adventures and I'm still not. I like puzzles, but I'm still learning adventure game tropes. That said this game was fantastic from beginning to end - it was the proper mix of story to puzzle, I loved it. it was made by masters in the genre I'm told (Myst , Riven etc) I hated those games. hated them. But I was a lot younger then. I think I liked this because I had the freedom to go anywhere, unlike traditional adventure games. That said it was FAR from easy, but very satisfying.

I think I've grown to seek these games now - I'm currently playing Eye of Ara and loving it. This is an enjoyable evolution of a "Point and Click" adventure for me as a novice to the genre.

I hated these games before - now I can't get enough f them - either they are easier or I'm getting smarter.

I think they are getting easier.....

Nate

Soldato
Had a rampage thru dawn of war 1, winter assault and dark crusade in preparation for the new dow 3 (what a dissapointment dow 3 is)

Fantastic games especially enjoyed playing as the tau against the 'crons. very cheap on steam
And well worth a play thru, probably a hundred hours of capaign in dark crusade if you play thru each race in turn, dont make games like that anymore!

Fantastic

8/10 (points lost for max resolution)

Also played the ginger stepchild of the series (soul storm) the less said about that the better

jkb

jkb

Associate
I've not even completed the main story let alone touched the DLC, despite owning it since release on both PC and Xbox 360 lol... Thousands of hours in that game over the 2 platforms. No idea why I've never finished it?!!?! I'd love to spin it up again but it's the weeks worth of modding I cba with. I MAY just play it on the Switch when it comes out as then I'm forced to just enjoy it again and not spend half my time worrying about mods.

I think I spent more time just wandering around after I finished it than I did actually playing the main story

Soldato
FIFA 17 - The Journey - 6/10

Lasted for about 15hrs - Good idea and a good start for a "Story Mode" in FIFA, but it could have been so much better. The Press Interviews after the matches have very little variety, so it becomes very repetitive. The Story itself was nothing worth talking about, and very predictable - The ending completely ****** me off - It's like a full stop in the middle of a sentence :p Literally feels like they ran out of time and called it a day... The actual football gameplay was decent and it's a good FIFA game, but I hope they expand on "The Journey" next time around.

Back
Top Bottom