8th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th May - 19th May 2017

PDW

PDW

Associate
From a help response back in 2011...

It's not a bug and it is known to the developers. This isn't something for BOINC to fix, as it's a Windows feature.

When you use RDP, Windows will switch off the driver that you installed and use its own built-in driver for RDP. This driver does not know anything about weird things like CUDA, CAL, OpenCL or whatever. This driver cannot be updated.

And as such your only option is to not use RDP, but a third party program, such as VNC which uses the user-installed driver and doesn't interrupt the crunching.

I, and a lot of others use TeamViewer to remotely connect.

Associate
Well you don't see some lowly team like TAAT rubbing elbows with the big boyz too often, and since I know it won't last...I took a picture!

Einstein's first hourly result, since most of you are likely fast asleep. I hope you rest well, for it's the last peaceful sleep you will get for the next 10 days. :p
289k6c4.png

Man of Honour
1. Use tightVNC instead of RDP

2. Make sure you have the following set in all profiles on Einstein:

RESOURCE SETTINGS
Use CPU: NO
Use NVIDIA GPU: YES (if you have NVIDIA)
Use ATI GPU: YES (if you have AMD)
Use INTEL GPU: NO

BETA SETTINGS
Run test applications?: NO

APPLICATIONS
Run only the selected applications
Binary Radio Pulsar Search (Arecibo) - unticked
Binary Radio Pulsar Search (Arecibo, GPU) - ticked
Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 - unticked
Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 (GPU) - ticked
Continuous Gravitational Wave search Galactic Center Tuning lowFreq - unticked
Continuous Gravitational Wave search Galactic Center Tuning highFreq -unticked

Run CPU versions of applications for which GPU versions are available: NO

And in one profile (maybe "Generic")
DEFAULT SET
Set used for new computers: YES

Soldato
OP
It seems taat's not all folks!, Team Anandtech have rallied on Zika and Rechenkraftenberg have join in the MOAB fun, we're down to 11th with [H] right behind us who are beginning to push, but have they shown they hands too early? or is there more to come?

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It's getting interesting as we approach the death knell of the City Run.

TAAT continue to carpet bomb and seem to have 9th secure and if they have any more resources could even attack the French :eek:

Rechen (far too much to type) have also dropped a few clusters and overtook us pushing us to 11th. This time yesterday we were in 8th :( OcUK currently sit 200k behind them but it's not clear whether we are now seeing their real pace, of if once their bunkers dry up whether they have blown their load.

I don't see a threat from teh [H] lot behind us 2.5million WCG points is too big a gap

So have we got anything left in 12 hours to try and put up a fight with Rechen for a top 10 slot?

Associate
Wow, my guy released his Zika bunkers in style, on the hour, for hours and hours on end!

136 700(normal hour) 245 000 698 600 885 900 842 900 869 700 553 800 327 000 131 200(back to normal)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Something must have been weird for no work from WCG. I'm not sure which project is was but for a little while I did have issues that it wouldn't download when an unrelated project had a full cache. I think Boinc also has an overall limit on WUs and with your potent machinery that might be an issue?

Anyhow the good news is we have reclaimed 10th in the City Run (WCG). Can we hold out for the last hours :D

Associate
Nice last minute water balloon you tossed recently. :) Got any more? Do they? No MOABs I'm sure, but maybe some grenades, mortars? Don't wait too long...I can't stand the suspense!

Oh, and quit being so close to us in Einstein! You're making me nervous! You hear TAAT!?

Associate
I managed to recruit our one folder for Einstein. Sort of. Got a pair of 980Ti's out of the deal, and a promise to employ his long overdue, not yet arrived, 1080Ti, if it arrives in time. Better than nothing. And our SETI guru politely declined his fleet of 970s.

So your up against at least 7 to 9 R9280X's/7970's, 2 7950's, 7 1080's, one 1080Ti, 4? 5 1070's, two 980's and two 980Ti's. Oh, and a 1060 or 1050Ti. I am sure I've missed some, and there are people with lesser cards that don't know they are racing of course, regulars.

But hardly the fleet I'd hoped for and expected, but at least the initial bunker was decent, and still giving some points. Just makes the decline from 3rd place ( :D:eek::cool::) ) that much more painful to watch. ( :rolleyes::(:mad: )

PDW

PDW

Associate
... But hardly the fleet I'd hoped for and expected, but at least the initial bunker was decent, and still giving some points. Just makes the decline from 3rd place ( :D:eek::cool::) ) that much more painful to watch. ( :rolleyes::(:mad: )
You made the top ten Einstein producers yesterday, coming in at 9th :)

Back
Top Bottom