Fidget Spinners (and other toys) Thread [Image heavy]

NVP

NVP

Soldato
XmxSQ48.gif

Soldato
Got my £3 (bogof) cubes today. Surprisingly effective so far. If it can stop me subconsciously fiddling with my face and head causing irritation ill be happy.

Soldato
Went to town with the missus yesterday and these things are bloomin everywhere - even in pound land shop front windows.

Missus went into Next for what seemed like ages so I went outside the store and waited for ages. Noticed 4 lads selling the things in the distance and doing all sorts of little 'finger tricks' with them. People were curious for sure.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Just played around with one. I don't grasp any fun element of it. You spin it, it spins for a minute and yeah that's it. I'm sure if you learn tricks etc it can be quite enjoyable. But most people just spin them and hold them.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
But I'm unsure how it prevents fidgeting. It doesn't substitute the urge of fidgeting as it's just like holding a pen but this has a spinning element. You're not actually moving your hand like you would if fidgeting, your hand is stationary.

Anyway, if it works for people then good.

Soldato
But I'm unsure how it prevents fidgeting. It doesn't substitute the urge of fidgeting as it's just like holding a pen but this has a spinning element. You're not actually moving your hand like you would if fidgeting, your hand is stationary.

When I fidget I tend to start picking or destroying things, whether its biting my nails or taking a pen apart. This just occupies my hands and actually distracts from all that.

Caporegime
These are starting to make an appearance in shops too. There's a little card shop in Moorgate Station which now has a massive sign in the window: "Fidget spinners & cubes".

This is completely wasted on me, if I need to fidget I use a pen or whatever, the old school way. I suspect that in a year's time these will be long forgotten. They serve zero purpose other than to keep your hands occupied, which is a market already saturated by stationery.

Permabanned

It does seem nonsensical in theory, but it works. You would not believe how clearer of clutter my desk is at home since picking up a spinner...

Soldato
TLDR: Anyone else in a similar boat with jiggly legs and did it help make them less jiggly?
Take up drumming.
It doesn't stop the jiggling, but the tapping rhythms are more pleasant for people to hear, especially if you lay down a funky swung beat New Orleans second line, or a Zutty Singleton style solo!!

Fidget spinners.... Don't blokes play with their balls any more?
Nope. Prohibited by company policy and hygiene regulations, now.

This is completely wasted on me, if I need to fidget I use a pen or whatever, the old school way. I suspect that in a year's time these will be long forgotten.
But the cubes do far more than even the most complicated-to-disassemble pen.
I often play with my Leatherman Squirt, but whipping a blade out in a meeting isn't as conducive to successful negotiation as it once was...

They serve zero purpose other than to keep your hands occupied, which is a market already saturated by stationery.
RGB keyboards serve zero purpose other than to keep your hands occupied, which is a market already saturated by other RGB keyboards... yet they're still making new ones... :shrug:
I still can't see the spinner as anything special, but the cubes do at least provide a variety of different 'fidgets'.

Back
Top Bottom