Fuji X Series

Soldato
Cool. Looking forward to seeing some shots with it!

By the way, when shooting jpeg do you guys use any sharpening or NR?
I'm trying to shoot Jpeg only part of the reason for going fuji was to get away from time spent doing raw conversions and tweaks etc!

I have sharpening at default and nr at -2 on the custom profiles I have setup.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So when are you making the full switch to fuji ;)

Well, not anytime soon since I shot Canon that day.

Side by side, the photos from the Fuji in that space compare the Canon looks drastically different in terms of colour pallet and not in a pleasant way. The Fuji AWB produced this overly blue hue over the images whereas Canon's files are more how I remembered.

Soldato

Side by side, the photos from the Fuji in that space compare the Canon looks drastically different in terms of colour pallet and not in a pleasant way. The Fuji AWB produced this overly blue hue over the images whereas Canon's files are more how I remembered.
It's interesting hearing your thoughts on using the two systems side by side, the results clearly show that the tool is secondary to the photographer as you are getting lovely images from both so it just boils down to which system best suits the needs of the day.

Caporegime
It's interesting hearing your thoughts on using the two systems side by side, the results clearly show that the tool is secondary to the photographer as you are getting lovely images from both so it just boils down to which system best suits the needs of the day.

I like it, for the money it is pretty amazing, especially the X-T1, that is just a gem of a camera. With the grip attached I am not worried about battery life at all. Can go most of the day without changing batteries, with a 64G SD card it will also go on forever as the file size are not that big.

ai1xNfl.jpg

This one below taken by my "assistant" on the day.

LfqWNjP.jpg

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato

Would be interesting if you can post a comparisons up... Presume when you say compare, you are talking about the RAW files side by side in Lightroom?

What are the JPEGs straight out of camera like with a similar preset? This would take Lightroom out of the equation messing up the RAF file.

Caporegime
Would be interesting if you can post a comparisons up... Presume when you say compare, you are talking about the RAW files side by side in Lightroom?

What are the JPEGs straight out of camera like with a similar preset?

The problem is that i didn't take the same photo with them. The Canon were all for the main shoot with the Fuji doing some candid stuff. The X-T1 was basically the video camera for the B-roll material for a blog.

When I say compare, it's just looking at the files in general, the skin tones in the same space. One massive caveat is that the Canon shots are all lit by those 2 massive off camera strobes and soft boxes whereas the Fuji is natural lit.

Back
Top Bottom