Ryzen build - £1700

Soldato
Looking some advice on a Ryzen build. Here is what I need and the brief for the build. I'm building for a mate. He is playing 1440 but will move to 4k tv later. Looking a HDMI 2.0 lead too.

Colour scheme is white please. Not every single thing white but tastefully white as the basis of the build.

CPU - 8 core Ryzen
GPU - 1080TI - any decent white cards? Doesn't HAVE to be white as the rest of the build will have lots of white.
MOBO - AM4 white or RGB with ability of white. Decent high end for the budget and future proofing, if possible.
RAM - Given the latest BIOS revisions, is 16 gig of fast RAM 3200 or 3000 doable?
M.2 drive 128gig for OS only (he already has storage HD and a SSD for games)
PSU - Gold modular
Case - Full tower with window (possible RGB?) Has to be white too. Good build quality for cable management
CPU cooler - AIO 240 and would been to be put in the roof of the case.

Possibly need to replace stock fans in the build, open to suggestions on that if needed.

No need for Windows, keybaord, mouse or monitor.

What other info do I need to give? Have I forgotten anything?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Soldato
OP
Thoughts on this??

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,769.63
(includes shipping: £14.70)

I picked the 780T case as I've got the 600t case myself and cable management in it is fanstastic. Also has some decent fans already with it and you can sticl the 240 AIO cooler in the top of the case easily enough.

Thoughts?​

Soldato
OP
Dam forgot psu lol. Need to revisit it. Thinking a 700W or so for efficiency? Sufficient?

Good spot on the pcb ssd. Black would be better

What other tower....white...window case would you suggest Is worth a look stulid?

Also to save money, drop down to the 1700 cpu over the x version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
If he is just gaming then the R5 1600/X will give the same performance as the 8 core R7 1700/X at 1440p/4K.

What SSD does he have ?

There is an element of work involved so the 8 core 16 thread is what he wants.

500gig Evo SSD I think.

With this outlay he wants it to last a few years so other than a possible GPU upgrade a couple of years down the line, he has his heart set on 8 cores and a white build.

Soldato
OP
Ok case aside.....What's the consensus on this build? I dropepd down to the non x 1700 as I'll just overclock it myself.

Is the GPU ok, can it be improved on via price considerations?

MOBO ok with regards to RGB white to match the rest of the case? Surely it's not that golden colour in the pics and can't be changed? Also is it BIOS or software to change the mobo RGB?

Is that PSU ok? White being the main point along with modular as I prefer clean builds so needed modular.

I changed to the black drive as you suggested Stulid, thanks. 250gig should be plenty if he has the SSD and a storage drive already.

Is the RAM deent enough and will the mobo and BIOS hold that 3000 speed??

Finally the CPU cooler - is there another alternative that's good? I went with this as I've got he h100 myself and this is a revised version with fans that would assist asthetics...I hope

Total: £1,666.59
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Whats the difference apart from price? Anything I can save on cpu can go to replacing stock fans on case etc. Is the 1700x not the same silicon as the 1700 but with a higher clock speed? I can overclock it myself anyway?

Soldato
OP
Ok here is the current revision that I've got feedback from the client/mate

Total: £1,814.54
(includes shipping: £14.70)

I know the 1700x is a preferred option but I need to stick to a budget of around £1800 ( I have to factor in courier costs and my build costs so I have to have it all in for £2,000 MAX)

Is there anywhere I can improve or save costs on?

Soldato
OP
Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
He'll only ever use 1 card so 650W should be good. Again saves a little towards case fan upgrade. Should be ordering this soon. Looking forward to the build. First Ryzen build I've done.

Thankis to Stulid, Lee, and anyone else who helped. Much appreciated getting a different viewpoint for such a big money outlay. Cheers

Soldato
OP

Ok so I'm building the clients PC but I've noticed there is no AM4 bracket to install the H100 cooler :/ The bracket they sent with the cooler doesn't fit the x370 motherboard in any way shape or form. I take it a webnote is the way forward then yeah?

Back
Top Bottom