Ryzen build - £1700

Soldato
OP
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...quid-cooler-oem-ocuk-exclusive-bu-02f-cs.html

Ok this cooler clearly states it's AM4 compatible but when I got the AM4 mounting bracket from OCUK, the mount is round but the cooler "head" is square???

D76444E398964D92A708B209BA5B787E.ashx

Am I doing something wrong here??

Soldato
The cooler head is square though, not round, it doens't fit into the brcket I was sent. CS sorted it though, 4th time lucky lol. I get to keep the other 3 mounting kits....if anyone wwants one lol :p
Wow - you've been unlucky :/

As you say - hopefully 4th time's a charm...

Caporegime
Does the AM3 kit that came with the cooler not fit the AM4 plastic brackets on the board?

You will see on the plastic brackets on the board there is a "tab" that sticks out.

The AM3 kit with the cooler has those "T" looking loops that should attach to the tabs.

Soldato
OP
I've discovered that one of the sticks of RAM I got won't work. The mobo wont post when it's in. The other 8gig stick works fine and the mobo posts when just that one working stick is in. I've tried in different slots and different combinations and 1 stick deffo doesn't work. What's the usual way to resolve this? Do I return 1 stick or both or how does OCUK normally operate in this situation? DO they ask for both sticks to be returned if both sticks cam in one pack?

Soldato
I've discovered that one of the sticks of RAM I got won't work. The mobo wont post when it's in. The other 8gig stick works fine and the mobo posts. What's the usual way to resolve this? Do I return 1 stick or both or how does OCUK normally operate in this situation? DO they ask for both sticks to be returned if both sticks cam in one pack?
As it's dual channel kit you're better off returning both - they'll probably require that you do for their return purposes.

Post in the Customer Services Forum or ring tomorrow to set up an RMA - proabbaly be approx. 4-7 days turn around.

Or if you're really sure one is borked and need the memory faster - buy a second kit and send the other back for a refund.

EDIT: Just realised what build this is - you've not had much luck :/

Soldato
OP
As it's dual channel kit you're better off returning both - they'll probably require that you do for their return purposes.

Post in the Customer Services Forum or ring tomorrow to set up an RMA - proabbaly be approx. 4-7 days turn around.

Or if you're really sure one is borked and need the memory faster - buy a second kit and send the other back for a refund.

EDIT: Just realised what build this is - you've not had much luck :/

Yep, ball ache central lol....ah if I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

Thanks for the heads up

Back
Top Bottom