BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Apologies for the thread bump, but this monitor was a big thing back in 2007. :)

Anyways, just short of its 10th birthday, my DGM-VA monitor has finally died. Albeit, intermittently.
It will now randomly lose power, and clicks rather alarmingly when unplugged. Presume power board/caps.
Over the last 9 and a bit years, its hardly missed a beat. Had some blurry/ghost issues early on, but they seemed to fix themselves or
were not monitor related. So much has happened since, I cant remember.
Its big, chunky, and has the brightest power-on light in the universe, but it was an absolute bargain at the time.
I am sure it could be fixed, but with some of the IPS screens now around £200, Including a DELL I rather like, not sure I'm going to bother.

Bye Bye DGM, its been a pleasure :p

Associate
Just saw this thread and amazed it's still open - purchased this monitor myself and still using it as my main! It's a bit yellowing but hitting its 10th birthday in 2 weeks time :D

Soldato
For the record, I still have this in my bedroom and use it mainly for watching movies and tv shows.
It's a fantastic VA monitor which offers very good blacks (superior to the IPS and TN monitors still being sold today).

The only negative (compared to monitors of today), is its power usage. It uses roughly 100W, compared to around 20W for similar sized monitors of today.

Soldato
For the record, I still have this in my bedroom and use it mainly for watching movies and tv shows.
It's a fantastic VA monitor which offers very good blacks (superior to the IPS and TN monitors still being sold today).

The only negative (compared to monitors of today), is its power usage. It uses roughly 100W, compared to around 20W for similar sized monitors of today.

Yes but that's now been offset by efficient GPus and CPUs so your carbon footprint overall should be lower :p

Watch away :)

lbt

lbt

Associate
FWIW mine has lived in a humid bathroom for the last 10 years. And it's fine :)
I'm just looking for some specs for it because the PC driving it has died and I'm setting up a new one :D

Back
Top Bottom