What RAM are you getting/bought for Ryzen

Permabanned
Sorry guys, I know this is a Overclocking forum, but could anyone suggest a pair of 8GB DDR4 (16gb total) for a Ryzen 1600 with a B350M Mortar Artctic MSI motherboard that works out of the box without needing to overclock ? I just really want the fastest compatible memory, I am not in to overclocking. I keep hearing conflicting things that 2400 is best but then some saying they have 3200 and so on, arrgggh, brain hurts. Youtube only seems to deal in overclocking. My PC would be for video encoding so just need something I can shove on the M/B and it works. I don't even understand why the letters "OC" are in brackets on the MSI website beside the compatible memory, does this mean to reach that speed it needs to be overclocked or does that mean it is OC'd out of the box. I am new to Ryzen and building my own stuff. Looking to spend around £130. Thanks all !!
For ryzen 130 would have been enough year ago. So just buy cheapest whatever or those new 8pack ones for 17x no middle ground

Soldato
I posted earlier here that got 2 x 8 of the Vulcan T force 3000mhz jobbies, work fine in a gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 mobo. They defaulted to 2133mhz when forst installed, so i selected XMP in the bios and went straight to 3000 and have been there ever since.
I also notice they've gone up by a tenner now to £119.50.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Ofc 90% chance they wont run at 3200 at least they have not in my case. And most of people seem to have problem getting them to run at 3200

90% is a bit of an exaggeration. Many boards have no issues running them at 3200 (ASUS and MSI in most cases) after latest AGESA updates, other boards you are looking at 2933 or 3066, which is within spitting distance, and real world performance difference will be within a couple of %. For the price they are still a good buy, and future BIOS updates should get them up to full speed as other manufacturers have proven they can run fine on 1.0.0.6

Permabanned
90% is a bit of an exaggeration. Many boards have no issues running them at 3200 (ASUS and MSI in most cases) after latest AGESA updates, other boards you are looking at 2933 or 3066, which is within spitting distance, and real world performance difference will be within a couple of %. For the price they are still a good buy, and future BIOS updates should get them up to full speed as other manufacturers have proven they can run fine on 1.0.0.6

Visit us on OCN and see Yourself :D I dont think those will be running at rated speed in near months.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Had them solid at 3066 on the Taichi just using the XMP and knocking the ratio down. Friend has the same kit on a Tomahawk running at 3200. Purely down to board and their AGESA implementation.

Soldato
Had them solid at 3066 on the Taichi just using the XMP and knocking the ratio down. Friend has the same kit on a Tomahawk running at 3200. Purely down to board and their AGESA implementation.
True, it's a lottery still - even when using the same boards.

I've installed the Corsair 3200MHz kits in 3 Gigabyte gaming 3 boards (1 virtually via forums). Two sets have hit 3200MHz - one with the F6 BIOS (then the F7) the other with the F7 Official release. The forum member, unfortunately, is stuck at 2933MHz - but had this out of the box over 2 months ago.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Think i've finally managed to get 3333MHz stable at decent timings. Passed everything i've thrown at it so far. Will set some HCI memtest off over the weekend.

pgrBIlw.png

Back
Top Bottom