NEW SAMSUNG GAMING 49", 32" & 27" CURVED HDR, 144Hz, WQHD LIKE A BOSS MONITORS!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Samsung visited today, with one of their new king of gaming monitors, the 49" as big as a desk, were gonna need a bigger desk monitors.

At first I had my doubts due to the 3840x1080 resolution, yes as a monitor for productivity there are better options, but then I loaded some games, Project Cars, Hitman (HDR) and Doom. In short I was blown away and the PC playing was just an i5 and AMD NANO. Games were simply out of this world, the field of view was incredible. Years ago to do this you needed three monitors, who remembers Eye-Finity or whatever AMD called it? Well now just one will do and oh my what an experience.

Though of course its definitely more suited to racing simulators, flight simulators and space shooters, but I have to say playing DOOM was simply incredible.

Though the monitor supports FREESYNC1&2, it also has some new techology where it has a sub 1ms response rate without inducing flicker and everyone was blown away by it. Infact it seem to rule out the need for FREESYNC or G-SYNC as in the fastest mode the fluidity was amazing and tear free. So much we opted to play games in fastest mode, how it works I do not know but here is a couple of videos where the Samsung guy is explaining it:

As always it is very hard to capture simply as in person it is super smooth and feels hugely fast.

You can pre-order now, as always OcUK will be pretty much exclusive for the first month or two as I've ordered all incoming stock to prevent competitors getting a look in. ;)

Samsung C49HG90 49" 3840x1080 VA FREESYNC 144Hz Gaming Quantum DOT HDR Widescreen Curved Monitor @ £1,298.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...-HDR-Widescreen-Curved-Monitor-MO-234-SA.html

LC49HG90DMNXZA, 3840x1080 Resolution, 50M:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 350 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI 2.0 Input, 1x DP, 1x mDP, Freesync, 144Hz Native, Quantum DOT, HDR10, 2yr On-Site Warranty.

Only £1,298.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 VA FREESYNC 144Hz Gaming Quantum DOT HDR Widescreen Curved Monitor @ £679.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...-HDR-Widescreen-Curved-Monitor-MO-236-SA.html

LC32HG70QQUXEN, 2560x1440 Resolution, 50M:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 350 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI 2.0 Input, 1x DP, Freesync1&2, 144Hz Native, Quantum DOT, HDR10, 2yr On-Site Warranty.

Only £679.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Samsung C27HG70 27" 2560x1440 VA FREESYNC 144Hz Gaming Quantum DOT HDR Widescreen Curved Monitor @ £599.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...-HDR-Widescreen-Curved-Monitor-MO-235-SA.html

LC27HG70QQUXEN, 2560x1440 Resolution, 50M:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 350 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI 2.0 Input, 1x DP, Freesync1&2, 144Hz Native, Quantum DOT, HDR10, 2yr On-Site Warranty.

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Also the 32" and 27" are 2560x1440 which we know is a favourite resolution/size combination for many gamers, just like the bigger 49" brother they feature HDR10, Quantum DOT, 144Hz and the impressive sub 1ms response technology.

Also remember these are VA panels, so nice deep blacks, rich colours and excellent viewing angles! :)

Soldato
In the first video, before James switches to "Fastest", there is no flickering along the top of the screen. When he switches to "Fastest" the flickering along the top begins and remains (throughout the second video too). May not have anything to do with it being the top part of the screen, but rather that the colour was whiter/light blue at the top (the sky). What someone in the video explained about the method involved - making the backlight flicker, might explain this? i.e. The flickering shows up on lighter backgrounds?

Is this something noticeable in person or just obvious on camera?

OcUK Staff
OP
In the first video, before James switches to "Fastest", there is no flickering along the top of the screen. When he switches to "Fastest" the flickering along the top begins and remains (throughout the second video too). May not have anything to do with it being the top part of the screen, but rather that the colour was whiter/light blue at the top (the sky). What someone in the video explained about the method involved - making the backlight flicker, might explain this? i.e. The flickering shows up on lighter backgrounds?

Is this something noticeable in person or just obvious on camera?

Just camera.

Soldato
I was in the OcUK office today visiting and saw this monitor. It's basically the same as a 65" TV cut across the middle and then top end PC monitor tech shoved inside!

Buy two and have them mounted on top of each other and you have a 65" 4k PC tech monitor!

Soldato
Tempting. One thing that has always bothered me about taking driving games seriously is the severe lack of peripheral vision as it's seriously important in real life for judging distance and speed, the 49" seems to tackle this somewhat. Not sure I could stump up that sort of cash on one though without trying it.

Associate
Tempting. One thing that has always bothered me about taking driving games seriously is the severe lack of peripheral vision as it's seriously important in real life for judging distance and speed, the 49" seems to tackle this somewhat (snip).

I agree, the size of that thing makes it almost like looking out of the car window! I

t's going to be an expensive 2 months with the Wallet Ripper build AND this monitor :p;)

Soldato
Hey could anyone explain these monitors for me are the bigger ones just wider versions of the 27"?

The height of a 27" isn't enough for me as I like to sit further back.

Back
Top Bottom