**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Would a Note 4x or Mi5 be an upgrade on a standard iPhone 6? Had my 6 for 2 and a half years now and it's getting tatty.
Bit put off by the partial plastic body on the Note 4x - would prefer a full metal body for that premium feeling. Also are any of these even partially waterproof?
Been through a few phones last few months - Xiaomi mi4c, iphone 4s and iPhone 6. Just got note 4x global version and gotta say its easily best out of that bunch. Was gonna get Lenovo P2 but couldnt find any stock so got Note 4X, superb phone for £117 ! If you do get it you will not regret. Phone just feels well made, two plastic parts at either end of the phone are not noticeable at all.

Associate
Been through a few phones last few months - Xiaomi mi4c, iphone 4s and iPhone 6. Just got note 4x global version and gotta say its easily best out of that bunch. Was gonna get Lenovo P2 but couldnt find any stock so got Note 4X, superb phone for £117 ! If you do get it you will not regret. Phone just feels well made, two plastic parts at either end of the phone are not noticeable at all.
Thanks mate. Have read the camera lets it down which is understandable at that price point.
What would be the equivalent with a camera as good as the iPhone?

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks mate. Have read the camera lets it down which is understandable at that price point.
What would be the equivalent with a camera as good as the iPhone?
Camera is not too bad during normal light but as you say in darker light its not great.
All depends how much you want to spend, motorola phones have decent cameras for what they cost.

Caporegime
Got my Redmi Note 4 delivered on Monday.

Not a great experience with Geekbuying unfortunately.

I originally ordered a 4GB | 64GB version but then the order went to pre-sale due to warehouse stocking issues and they offered the 3GB | 32GB version. So I agreed but then that took nearly 3 weeks to just get despatched! Fortunately DHL delivered Monday after being sent on Friday.

First impressions are that it's great.

The speed with the Snapdragon is superb. I've always liked MIUI, used to flash variants on other phones, but I am using Nova for the launcher. Speakers are better than I expected. The battery is superb! I'm massively impressed by that.

Obviously negatives are the screen, colour wise and sharpness it's lacking. Camera is alright, as expected really. Coming from the S7 Edge it's not really fair to compare, but for the price they're good. Haven't used earphones yet so can't comment. Obviously I'd have preferred the 4GB version but I have really noticed any slowdown from switching between lots of apps just yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, ive been given a Redmi 3S Prime recently, i believe it to be the Prime version as it has 32gb and 3gb ram, doesnt say prime anywhere on the box or anything, but the 3s is 16/2.

Anyway onto the question, why on earth is the locale for UK not in the list? what do i set it to im so confused right now lol

Soldato
I just set my phone to the first one on the list, why they do it I have no idea but mine worked fine until they decided to put the UK in one of the updates.

Associate
Only if you order from EU warehouse.

Packages from Gearbest are just as liable to be caught by customs as anywhere else. If you pick their DHL delivery option from a HK warehouse it specifically states that it will incur import taxes.
Ordered using Netherlands Registered and British Express and never paid tax. Stay away from courier companies.

Back
Top Bottom