My year in pictures (so far)..

Associate
I've tried to make more of an effort to get out with the camera this year. Captured mainly sunrises and have had some very early starts.

Here are some of my best shots so far. All taken with my D750 / 24-70mm f/2.8G.

Hope you like them.

Lulworth Cove by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Durdle Door by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Sawley Sunrise by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Castle Dawn by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Sawley Splendour by Steve Millward, on Flickr

The Misty Morn by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Bamford Edge by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Melbourne by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Best of the bunch would have to be No3 for me but they are all great.

Cheers. That one was chosen by flickr as their 'hero of the week' shot and was featured as their cover image across their digital platforms on flickr, Facebook, Instagram and on Google+.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah number 6 gave me the chills lol
Reminds me of the walking dead :D

these are stunning, nice work.

I love number 6. :)

Thank you :)

Last night I got a new well known follower on my flickr account:

idst8x.jpg

Quite fitting for this thread, as it was watching Thomas Heaton on YouTube that inspired me to get out more. He's said in a few of his videos that learning to operate a camera is easy, the hard part is getting up and going out with it.

I've really enjoyed my early morning shoots this year. I've seen some awesome sunrises and usually had the locations entirely to myself :)

Soldato
Was just going to say not only are your photographs stunning but your commitment to being in the right place at the right time is admirable! It's a,azing how the right lighting can life a photo from good to outstanding.

Associate
OP
Was just going to say not only are your photographs stunning but your commitment to being in the right place at the right time is admirable! It's a,azing how the right lighting can life a photo from good to outstanding.

Cheers :) Yes, as we all know, it's all about the light. Making the effort to get myself out of bed has certainly paid off for me a few times this year. The light can be fantastic very early in the morning.

Shots 1,2 & 9 were all taken at sunrise on a recent trip to Dorset. It was a great feeling knowing I had a shot in the bag on those mornings before most people had even woken up. I was able to enjoy the rest of my day without worrying I was missing photo opportunities. Even without the photography, it was a fantastic experience watching the light change and the sun come up in such a spectacular location.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in that same area of Dorset last year with a baby so early morning Photography trips were not on the agenda! It's a beautiful area and you've certainly done it justice. Your shot from Bamford edge is also interesting to me being local I've seen and taken hundreds of pictures in that area but not seen many from that viewpoint.

Associate
OP
It is really adorable! I can't even imagine that it is possible to shoot such photos. I like sky, sunset and clouds. I want to be here)

Great set of pictures!

Many thanks :)

Another sunrise captured this morning at Eastbourne Pier. Not the best sunrise and light, but I only had one chance today to take the shot, so can't really complain.

Sunrises now getting a bit later (5:43am today) and the hotel being pretty much directly opposite the pier was a bonus as didn't have to get up till 5am :)

Eastbourne Pier by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not been out with the camera since the summer. So much for trying to get out more..

Anyway, captured this yesterday. Was hoping for a dramatic sunset sky, but it never happened and the light simply faded. This shot taken around 40 minutes before sundown ended up being then best of an average bunch:

Solitude by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom