Car Selling Cliches

Soldato
I see that so often, unless the car has ever option ticked then it is not "fully loaded"

When I was in the market for an E46 a few years back I saw this being advertised loads.

I genuinely found a few with no options at all, "fully loaded" but without xenons, without a sunroof, without heated seats and without the Harman Kardon sound system. I think because it had wheels and a steering wheel he figured it was fully loaded.

Caporegime
Fully loaded is a brilliant one. Always seems to be applied to base spec bmws, Audis and mercs.
Remember seeing an advert on AutoTrader for a 'fully loaded' 3 series. It was a 320d with pov nav, 16 inch wheels and leather seats.
That was literally it.
Called the dealership just to be a bit of a twerp tbh and asked if they had the wrong car listed as there wasn't anything fully loaded about it. They explained it has nav, leather and alloys...thats apparently what fully loaded means.

Caporegime
It really is like people fail to speak like a normal person and assume some caricature back street car sales man mindset when they try to sell their cars, it's hilarious the tripe people will put in an advert.

Associate
Was reading this thread today and then saw this tonight
B962EEB3-ED98-4DD0-9CEF-AC5CB1170021.png

Soldato
Same badge for most people, nothing to do with what's under the bonnet. Diesel Mercs with AMG badges and bodykit are another one that fall into this bracket.

Had this with one of the neighbors, mentioned he was getting a new car in a couple of weeks, when asked he replied "AMG C Class", to which I replied "V6 or V8", to which he replied "C220d" :rolleyes:

Soldato
120,000 genuine miles. Saw that today on a van, and it was mot'ed at 179,000 miles three years ago...

Clocking like is especially rampant on BMWs as well for some reason.

Last time I was car shopping literally every other one I looked at was either blatantly clocked, or looked suspect.

Back
Top Bottom