'Incident' on Tube - District Line

Soldato
So glad that the injuries seem to be minor burns and nothing more *fingers crossed*. I travelled past that area on the mainline from Waterloo to Staines this morning on the way to VMwareUK. Closest call I've had with terrorism.

And aye, too much oxygen is always given to these incidents.

Soldato
Just another attempt on people's lives, nothing to see here.

I find it confusing how Grenfell is the top of every news agenda, and yet, Manchester is long forgotten despite the ideology behind it still encouraging attacks like this on the tube.

Grenfell shouldn't have happened, so it's still in the news because it's about finding where and why the system went wrong and to see if anyone is culpable and also to implement measures to stop it happening again.

There's very little anyone, apart from the security services, can do about terrorist attacks of this nature, so the news cycle just moves on till the next incident

Associate
Grenfell shouldn't have happened, so it's still in the news because it's about finding where and why the system went wrong and to see if anyone is culpable and also to implement measures to stop it happening again.

There's very little anyone, apart from the security services, can do about terrorist attacks of this nature, so the news cycle just moves on till the next incident

Which system specifically are you referring to? I could argue that the system of religious freedom in this country is causing direct harm to its citizens and so there should be an enquiry into how this can be avoided in future. Culpability could be pointed to extreme preachers, prevention could be to shut down activity and monitor places of potential radicalization. Personally, I'd ban all organised religion but I don't think the country has seen enough discrimination, death and violence to advocate that yet.

Soldato
Which system specifically are you referring to?

The building regulations, the application of etc...

I could argue that the system of religious freedom in this country is causing direct harm to its citizens and so there should be an enquiry into how this can be avoided in future. Culpability could be pointed to extreme preachers, prevention could be to shut down activity and monitor places of potential radicalization. Personally, I'd ban all organised religion but I don't think the country has seen enough discrimination, death and violence to advocate that yet.

.. and that's a hell of a lot easier to solve than religious freedoms of a country! :D:p

Soldato
Just a disingenuous out of context quote that the Alt. right like to dribble out all the time.

Here is the FULL quote, don't expect the **removed, stop insulting other members** to post it :rolleyes:

“part and parcel of living in a great, global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police”
Sadiq Khan

This was misquoted by several media organisations, including the Independent, as ‘Sadiq Khan says terror attacks ‘part and parcel’ of living in a major city’. The worst thing of all, is that further to several reputable and many more disreputable organisations such as Breitbart News picking up this misquote, it was then leapt upon by figures including Nigel Farage and Donald Trump Jr, who spent the evening of the attack launching an attack on Sadiq Khan for saying something that he never actually said.
Source
tzrMu9U.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally, I'd ban all organised religion but I don't think the country has seen enough discrimination, death and violence to advocate that yet.

You quoted me in your signature, is it because its a silly thing to say or do you actually agree with me, because due to this comment i am starting to believe you are on "my side"?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The odd thing here is that it wasn't a suicide attack. A guy on the news just saying the target was the style of a jihadi attack, ie: causing mass injury and mayhem in a crowded public area but the method was more IRA/Right wing, ie : a timer bomb left in place.

So if it is jihadi, which does seem most likely, it's either someone didn't have the nerve to blow themselves up or a shift in tactics

Or it was planted by a friendly to push another agenda?

;) :p

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Personally, I'd ban all organised religion but I don't think the country has seen enough discrimination, death and violence to advocate that yet.

how ridiculous, you would get rid of all religions because we're having a problem with one of them. The whole of the west is built on Christianity, if you remove this you have no idea what would happen.

Associate
how ridiculous, you would get rid of all religions because we're having a problem with one of them. The whole of the west is built on Christianity, if you remove this you have no idea what would happen.

As I said, the world isn't ready yet, but eventually believing in magical stories made up hundreds of years ago will be seen as a mental illness rather than religious faith. As a result, there will be fewer people out there willing to kill and discriminate against their fellow humans because of what it says in some old text.

If I said that in 1000 years, Game of Thrones will be seen as a historical record and people believe that there were dragons, wouldn't you agree that this is ridiculous?

TJM

TJM

Associate
The Mayor of London for one, repeatedly along with Lessons will be learnt, they are both his favourite goto quotes, ******* ********.
What Khan actually said was posted above. In case it needs repeating:

“Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.”

What's the issue?

Back
Top Bottom