Subway (food) Pricing

Soldato
Subway recently opened a small branch inside the Martins newsagent in our local West Swindon Centre (which admittedly has progressively become more of a dive over the years). The result is the newsagent stinks of their product which also permeates out into most of the plaza at that end of the place. Not sure how they even got permission for that arrangement as there seems to be no ventilation to extract the smell and fumes to the outside. It is so strong it actually makes you feel nauseous. As the local Post Office is in the same branch I've now taken to driving to another location for stamps, sending parcels etc.

Soldato
I remember eating their Marinara at least once a week when I was young and stupid - 30 grams of HFCS in a "9 Grain Wheat bread" - I used to think it was an almost healthy meat sandwich.

I think they have switched from HFCS now (due to the bad press) and it's plain old Sugar and honey in it.

Man of Honour
I remember eating their Marinara at least once a week when I was young and stupid - 30 grams of HFCS in a "9 Grain Wheat bread" - I used to think it was an almost healthy meat sandwich.

I think they have switched from HFCS now (due to the bad press) and it's plain old Sugar and honey in it.
I don't get why HFCS gets such bad press. Its the high amount of fructose that is especially bad, but it actually has almost identical percentage as normal sugar. So switching to normal sugar achieves very little, you need to cut sugars down in general.

And yes subway does have a unique and disgusting smell, it's Herby with something else thrown in.

Soldato
No, it's a figment of your imagination.

3204840swsw.gif

Back
Top Bottom