Noise Cancelling Headphones

Soldato
I just picked up the Q35 Mark 1 for £260 in the Bose store in Covent garden as I'm working in an open plan office now and the constant chatter is driving me nuts.

They'll price match any authorised distributor, and some of them are discounting the Mk I now that the Q35II is out at £330.

I'm wondering if the WH-1000XM2 may be better though?

I've got 30 days to return these if I want. Tempted to grab a set of the Sony's from JL and compare them. Has anyone used both in an office environment?

Associate
I just picked up the Q35 Mark 1 for £260 in the Bose store in Covent garden as I'm working in an open plan office now and the constant chatter is driving me nuts.

They'll price match any authorised distributor, and some of them are discounting the Mk I now that the Q35II is out at £330.

I'm wondering if the WH-1000XM2 may be better though?

I've got 30 days to return these if I want. Tempted to grab a set of the Sony's from JL and compare them. Has anyone used both in an office environment?

I have used both in an Office. The Sony WH-1000XM2 sound great but then so did the Bose QC35 I thought. I'm sat in the office listening to the Sony WH-1000XM2 now at low volume and the NC is superb. I love the controls on the right ear cup as well that is brilliant. The downside though, these leak sound badly. I was able to listen to my QC35's at higher volumes with no one complaining. The guy next to me said he could hear these Sony's easily which is not good so I may well have to send these back.

Soldato
Cheers djay, good info. Will bear that in mind. I think I'll have to give the Sony's a go even though I'm really settling into these Q35s nicely.

The full cupping of the ear is so comfortable. Battery life seems good and I've not experience this quality of immersive music out and about ever. It's mad walking through the streets of London with the freedom of wireless headphones, whilst listening to songs I've not heard in years in such high quality with the surrounding buzz drowned out. It really is incredible.

They're so comfy I'm happy to sit here for my evening netflix/amazon prime sesh on my laptop and crank them up too. Completely transforms the experience.

Associate
Yes they are very good. The Sony's are as good if not better for the noise cancelling. With the Sony you can put your hand over the right hand ear and it lowers the volume and turns off NC to let ambient noise in which is a brilliant feature saving you from having to take the headphones off if someone talks to you. The Sony are not quite as big, they still completely cup my whole ear but only just. They are also slightly heavier than the bose I think. Still in two minds whether to keep the Sony's or send them back.

Soldato
Is the difference between the QC35 and QC35 MK2 really just the Google Assistant nonsense?

My QC25s have just started playing up after 3 years of daily use and I'm considering stepping up to the QC35s as the cable has been a bit of a faff and the dongle required for an iPhone 7 hasn't improved things.

Associate
The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless cans do sound good for bluetooth headphones, but don't cancel noise as much, and a little too pricey overall really

Soldato
Is the difference between the QC35 and QC35 MK2 really just the Google Assistant nonsense?

The guy in the bose shop said it was just that and they fixed an issue with hands free connectivity partially caused by updates on Apple's part. So if you plan to use them to talk on the phone a lot you might want to consider the mk2.

I've been using the MK1s and and I've just had to be wary about making sure the headset is the primary device after accepting the call.

He said sound quality and noise cancelling are the same.

Soldato
Just to bump this quickly, I finally got my MDR-1000X on an airplane..

Spent 2x 8hrs on a plane with the MDR-1000X and what an excellent set of headphones. Noise cancelling drowned out all of the airplane noise, battery life easily lasted 8hrs on a charge (cabled not Bluetooth) and soooo comfortable.

Soldato
This has reminded me to post an update...

Have been using my new QC35 Mk2s for six weeks now and am extremely impressed by them.

Comfort and noise cancelling feel slightly superior to my wired QC25s. Getting a around a week’s use from one charge.

Back
Top Bottom