Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
The Maglite works well for self defence but. It's a baton disguised as a torch :)

It looks like people are still buying them so they have to be useful for something. :p

I want one of those 26650 and that usb charger posted the other day. How long does 5000mah battery last on that torch roughly

The official figures for the torch...

v3Ugkhn.jpg

What USB charger was is it you saw? I've got a Nitecore F1 coming today which can charge batteries from other batteries. Very handy.

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-F...F8&qid=1507291821&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+f1)

Edit: It has arrived!..

Zv4mPb5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Most of them do these days, some of them have an even higher lumen Turbo S mode!

Just rec'd delivery of my final torch/power-related purchase for a while - Olight H1R Nova...

vxyC3IP.jpg

Man of Honour
Sent the 5D3 away for servicing at Fixation, ended up costing a bit :eek:

Needed the following doing;:

rps20171006_184654_714.jpg

Upshot is that after many years and 100,000 shots later, it's now back to looking and feeling brand new. Not bad for the price considering it's been used on top of mountains, in -32 degree Finnish weather, in muddy caves and all sorts.

I also bought a companion camera to go alongside it for video and landscape use mostly, the 6D Mark 2:

rps20171006_184231_763.jpg

Came with a massive Manfrotto bag for free, looks to be worth around £80 so might put it up on the MM

Man of Honour
Previous experience with Fixation has been good and they're also an authorised service centre. I tend to be loyal to businesses that provide me with consistent service.

I didn't think about claiming the repair work on insurance, I'm with E&L with pro cover. I'll have to look into that!

Caporegime
Claim the repair!? Surely all if that is fair wear and tear?

BRB, claiming for my car brakes, they seem to have worn down

Wear and tear would be scuffs or some parts like the shutter died due to age as opposed to dirt which the worksheet states. I would say sand or dirt in shutter would be akin to water damage. When I sold my 5DIII they both had over 150k (155k and 172k respectively) on them and neither of them "stuck" when the shutter was pressed so it's not wear and tear. High shutter count doesn't make it stick.

You just tell the truth in the claim, photocopy that worksheet with the claim, it's not fraudulent if you tell the truth. They can only say no.

p.s. I claim repair on my Flash heads, one shoot it melted, I had no idea why. I sent in photos, worksheet and filled out a form, paid the excess and got money back.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would have done a claim for my Sigma lens too after getting sand trapped in the barrel but the repair was £98.99 so not worth it. Although it was kinda my fault, I had to put one of the cameras down and this was the "safest position. But it could be sand blown into it from the wind as the lens itself never touched the ground, only the hood did.

1ccinGI.jpg

Soldato
I would have done a claim for my Sigma lens too after getting sand trapped in the barrel but the repair was £98.99 so not worth it. Although it was kinda my fault, I had to put one of the cameras down and this was the "safest position. But it could be sand blown into it from the wind as the lens itself never touched the ground, only the hood did.
Sigma service costs are generally very reasonable, they get a lot of stick but their service is very good in my experience. I sent my old 120-300 once and they replaced most of the internals for the £100 (or thereabouts) standard service tariff.

Soldato
Got these today, saw one of japanese friends playing Yomawari and decided to see if there was a English version and there is, it looks cute, but it gets pretty dark pretty quick. Has positive reviews and it's sequel comes out in a few weeks.

And... there is Saku Saku which is a steal for £12 for a 10-30 hour game.

y1PCvqh.png

Back
Top Bottom