NEW SAMSUNG GAMING 49", 32" & 27" CURVED HDR, 144Hz, WQHD LIKE A BOSS MONITORS!!

Soldato
Is the desk top an ikea job with added legs?
It's a kitchen worktop I got from a local joinery place, I'd measured up the width of the room and had it cut to roughly that size, built some supports against the wall for it, then when I got it into the room cut it to size fitted it and put the legs on for aesthetics and support at the front.

Soldato
I ended up returning the 32" model, The HDR feature was just not good enough with it's measly 8 zones, Brightness was not up to HDR10 standards, And the minimum Freesync range was too high for my liking, Maybe in another year or so when they have a much lower minimum Freesync range and at least a few hundred dimming zones like other HDR monitors akin to Dells which has 384 local dimming zones.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I ended up returning the 32" model, The HDR feature was just not good enough with it's measly 8 zones, Brightness was not up to HDR10 standards, And the minimum Freesync range was too high for my liking, Maybe in another year or so when they have a much lower minimum Freesync range and at least a few hundred dimming zones like other HDR monitors akin to Dells which has 384 local dimming zones.

Damn shame that, looks so good on paper :(

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I don't see the lower Freesync floor being a cost issue, and this monitor is meant to be Freesync 2... people are talking about the possibility of a firmware update.

However, I wonder if significantly more dimming zones with significantly increase the cost. Why did they go with only 8 this time?

Associate
My 32' CHG70 arrived yesterday.
Lovely screen, im moving up from a samsung 27' IPS. (S27b970d)

Has anyone managed to update the firmware, what did you find?..
Talk on reddit suggests that it borked things.
Didn't really get much of a chance to really test it last night, resident evil 7 doesn't recgonize that it's HDR..Although BF1 did show some HDR Options.

It does look so much better than my previous display.
A very nice screen, although the stand does take up a huge portion of space.

Permabanned
He spammed a lot of thread with one line nonsense and it was dealt with AFAIK.

Anyone seen a 32" 1440p vs a 27" 1440p in the flesh, I know I can work out the DPI/PPI and it will be better on the eyes due to Windows poor scaling needed on some things on a 27" 1440p but will it be too blocky like 27" 1080p?

Same question again for 32" 4K, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom