**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone's Dex dropped yet??

Mines been sat at "Claim Received" since day after I claimed

Same here

Mine too although I didn't pre order until the 13th so wondered if anyone who pre ordered before me had seen a shift yet.

Mine has now been accepted and will be delivered within 30 days (as of yesterday). I chased them up and they got back to me on Saturday stating that the dispatch confirmation email I had provided wasn't sufficient. I scanned and submitted the document that arrived in the package from Samsung, and they replied back last night saying that it did not show the initial order date. At this point I got quite annoyed and told them that the order was from Samsung and if they bothered to look up my order number they would be able to find all the necessary details... I still uploaded a copy of the original confirmation email though just to entertain them.

If it helps anyone, I had pre-ordered during their conference.

Associate
Sorry if this has already been answered but can't seem to find it. Does the Note 8 Support AptX ? I was looking to purchase some Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless headphones but can't seem to find a definitive answer regarding AptX and the Note 8.

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been answered but can't seem to find it. Does the Note 8 Support AptX ? I was looking to purchase some Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless headphones but can't seem to find a definitive answer regarding AptX and the Note 8.
Yes definitely. Samsung's Galaxys have support as far back as the Galaxy S3 days.

Associate
Thought I'd enquire about my Dex Claim yesterday after the queries on here and magically they've validated it in the middle of the night last night. It might be worth checking the statuses of your claims as it may push them through.

Soldato
Anyone else have the official Samsung wireless fast charger (latest model)? I'm finding when I put the phone down on a night I can wake up with no charge, after a bit of testing it just seems like you have to put the phone down dead centre on the charger.

Are they and all wireless chargers like this? It seems strange to have such a large mat but you can't use all of it.

Associate
Anyone else have the official Samsung wireless fast charger (latest model)? I'm finding when I put the phone down on a night I can wake up with no charge, after a bit of testing it just seems like you have to put the phone down dead centre on the charger.

Are they and all wireless chargers like this? It seems strange to have such a large mat but you can't use all of it.

I have a CHOETECH wireless fast charge capable stand from the rainforest. Cost about £15 and I've been impressed with it. Actually noticed the other night the handset can be off centre and still gets charged.

Soldato

I have the Samsung fast wireless charger but I use it in the up right postion and never tried it in the flat posiion.

Soldato
Well, I've decided to return it. I'm going to look at other options.

I don't want to have to worry I've got it central everytime I put my phone down. I had it upright at first and it probably was better, but I changed it to flat for convenience.

Plus I'll probably save myself 50%

Edit: On another note(!)

Samsung said:
Claim Tracker
Claim Status Claim Received
We have received your claim and we are currently reviewing it.

We will contact you on the outcome of your claim via the email address you provided.

No update for me :(

Last edited:
Associate
So got a note 8 and I'm worried about micro scratches like the s8 suffered with without much use. Has anyone experienced these and what screen protector is do sidered decent? I having used screen protectors in years.

Soldato
So got a note 8 and I'm worried about micro scratches like the s8 suffered with without much use. Has anyone experienced these and what screen protector is do sidered decent? I having used screen protectors in years.

I've started noticing micro scratches on mine, nothing severe but they are definitely starting to show :( I've only had it for a week aswell

Associate
I've started noticing micro scratches on mine, nothing severe but they are definitely starting to show :( I've only had it for a week aswell

That's the concern. The S8 was the same, they gain micro scratches very easy. I think it' the coating not the actual screen but still looks terrible after a while.

Soldato
I'd advise anyone who has claimed the Dex to call Samsung on 03452160123 this is there dex claim line

Mine was showing as "claim received" but was told they still needed more information(they had not contacted me over needing more) ..They sent a link and I took full screen shot of dispatch email and scanned dispatch note and sent that

Caporegime
OP
Cheers, will try later.

My dbrand skins have arrived :D - will give it a go and report back this weekend (I fully expect it not to look as good as they do on Google images). Currently on 57% battery with 2hr51min SoT :D:cool: and that wasn't from 100% (94% I think).

Root is now available for both variants but the consequences don't sound great; phone only able to charge to 80% on the SD and tripping KNOX on the Exynos losing secure folder and Samsung pay. Is there a way to not have YouTube adverts without root? I really miss Xposed but not sure I want to root....yet.

Back
Top Bottom