Man of Honour
Just found this thread.
I've suffered with insomnia for longer than I care to remember.
Any good tips for trying to get my sleep better? I've tried meds such as Zopiclone (too addictive, but they work) doc doesn't like giving them out though so don't get them much. I've tried herbal stuff but no good. I lay down but just toss and turn and have to go on the computer or watch something until I finally drift off. It's so annoying and messes up my mood.

When I do sleep I still get up early and I'm awake all day so it's not like my pattern is messed up. I just can't fathom it.
Give up caffeine.
Goto bed at the same time every night

These are the two biggest ones for me. Also a shift worker and it screws me up so much.

If you do use TV/computers etc, then block blue light from a few hours before bed. Look at apps etc (flux on pc) and special lightbulbs.
If you are stuck thinking about something get it off your mind.
Get a sad lamp on timer to wake you up and get a few hours of either sad lamp or sun light in the mourning.
Go see a doctor
Make sure bed is comfy
Make sure bedroom is dark, cover up standby lights, cover windows etc.
Make sure temp is right.

Soldato
I want to do this to change my life, to better myself, hopefully to make myself happier and have a fresh start, but I'm scared about losing the familiarity of home. I'm 22 and I've lived in the same town my whole life.
Most that have been to uni will have been away from home for fours by your age. Then they get a job and **** off somewhere else.

Permabanned
Thanks for the replies @Begbie @Glaucus

I don't drink coffee/caffeine anyway so that's not an issue. Been docs and stuff like that, I've had it since my teens to be honest and I'm now in my early 30's.
I've downloaded that F.lux program it seems pretty good I'll try that out. The other stuff I pretty much do anyway.
It's a pain in the arse!

Soldato
Thanks for the replies @Begbie @Glaucus

I don't drink coffee/caffeine anyway so that's not an issue. Been docs and stuff like that, I've had it since my teens to be honest and I'm now in my early 30's.
I've downloaded that F.lux program it seems pretty good I'll try that out. The other stuff I pretty much do anyway.
It's a pain in the arse!

How's the sleep issues going buddy? You well?

Caporegime
Sounds interesting haha? Anything specific?

I'm just gonna have a hour or two on destiny 2 when I get home and then a hour of learning polish.

replacing a gearbox seal, plumbing in the new fuel tank, putting the prop shaft back together with new rubber mountings and flex disk, putting exhauat heat shields back on, then driving up to Luton to pick up a new exhaust.

possibly taking pics of rot to send to my welding buddy. not looking forward to that!

Soldato
Had a good sleep last night thanks but that's thanks to the fact I took 15mg of zopiclone and I was out like a log. How about you?

Not long since been home :D I haven't slept well all week though, keep waking up in a severe panic/struggle to breath in that state. Then I struggle to get off again.

Interestingly conversations with a couple of select people really seems to calm me down in that state. I think I should see a doc though.

Permabanned
Not long since been home :D I haven't slept well all week though, keep waking up in a severe panic/struggle to breath in that state. Then I struggle to get off again.

Interestingly conversations with a couple of select people really seems to calm me down in that state. I think I should see a doc though.

HAPPENS to me too, I woke up the other morning heart beating like a lunatic and severe anxiety and panic. Thought my heart was gonna stop. It's nasty and wouldn't wish it on anyone. There is help for it though but the docs don't like dish out medication. But yes go docs.

Soldato
HAPPENS to me too, I woke up the other morning heart beating like a lunatic and severe anxiety and panic. Thought my heart was gonna stop. It's nasty and wouldn't wish it on anyone. There is help for it though but the docs don't like dish out medication. But yes go docs.

I'm not one for wanting medication to be honest though. Haven't taken a paracetamol /anything similar in over 15 years.

I'm sure there is something else underlying as it's been happening this week only. Out of nowhere.

Permabanned
I'm not one for wanting medication to be honest though. Haven't taken a paracetamol /anything similar in over 15 years.

I'm sure there is something else underlying as it's been happening this week only. Out of nowhere.
Sounds weird but I just got into those ASMR videos on YouTubem there is a lovely young lady called GENTLEWHISPERING ASMR. Put your headphones on and relax it helps immensely for my anxiety.. give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom