*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Commissario
This is a thread for you to show off your Apple Watch straps/bands, for you to get advice on straps, post links to straps, share recommendations, etc.

Please try and post original images of the actual straps you've got rather than stock pictures produced by the manufacturers. Let's get some real pictures here and it would be really useful if you can post links and prices as well so people know where to get them from.

I'll start things off with some shots of what I've got.

First is the Apple woven nylon strap, I like this strap. It's got dirty a few times but it's a simple matter to wash it with warm water and normal hand soap, leaving it overnight to dry. It's available from Apple.

nylon_1-20160410-153950.jpg

nylon_2-20160410-154038.jpg

nylon_3-20160410-154354.jpg

Here's the Apple Nike band. Although it's a nice band, I felt that the design just didn't suit me and I returned it within the two week period.

oaw4ig0.jpeg

5tiX5Oe.jpeg

mMX2gHL.jpeg

This is a Milanese loop copy which I picked up from Amazon for £15. It's OK, I found it caught the hairs on my wrist so I didn't wear it much. This went when I sold my original watch. It's not on Amazon any more but this is the same item.

loop_1-20160415-165703.jpg

loop_2-20160415-165813.jpg

Next I have a Simpeak Stainless Steel Band Strap for Apple Watch 42mm Series 1 Series 2 Series 3, Black which I bought from Amazon for around £20. It's on a special deal at £14 now and that's a bargain. This is proper big, chunky and heavy. I like it.

1MGEbG8.jpeg

CWhqOm3.jpeg

Now on to the new Apple Sport Loop in "Dark Olive" This is the one I received with my new watch and it's very nice. The colour is much lighter than it looks online and that's not a bad thing.

It's very comfortable and the velcro style adjustment means that you can get a perfect fit every time. It's also a little bit stretchy.

1UrGEN5.jpeg

HdJuXmv.jpeg

PupcsSw.jpeg

Finally onto a Bond Nato which was delivered from Amazon today and was just £15. I've only had this a few hours so it's difficult to be subjective about it but my initial impressions are good. It's quite soft but feels strong. It comes as a strap and a set of adapters to fit the Apple Watch along with a spring bar tool for fitting. I didn't need the tool, just managed to use my fingernail to push the spring bar in. It seems comfortable enough and I think it looks great.

KfNP85V.jpeg

reLrOHw.jpeg

A7SSP61.jpeg

hG7zwjH.jpeg

Soldato
Great thread, should have made this a while ago.

This is the default band if you order an aluminium Sport, the fog grey sport (fluoroelastomer) band.

AIOebKJ.jpg

I'm looking at getting the Juuk design Ligero strap for something a bit smarter, which is a high quality anodised aluminium strap to match the body (with a well-designed butterfly mechanism clasp), although they do other colours as well as silver/space grey:

91XsbEaJ7EL._SL1500_.jpg

Commissario
OP
Great thread, should have made this a while ago.
Yes, I agree. This should have been done two years ago!

This is the default band if you order an aluminium Sport, the fog grey sport (fluoroelastomer) band.
Mine is an aluminium Sport - I just chose the different sport loop with it as I can't get on with the original sport band, I just don't find them particularly comfortable or attractive.

Soldato
Yes, I agree. This should have been done two years ago!

Mine is an aluminium Sport - I just chose the different sport loop with it as I can't get on with the original sport band, I just don't find them particularly comfortable or attractive.

I might grab one of the fabric sport loop bands as well, but I know it'll absorb more sweat and be less easy to clean than the one I have, so I'd use it as more of a casual thing. I quite like the off-white Seashell looking at the site.

Soldato
Those Juuk bands look lovely and really high quality - thanks for sharing, I will be looking at one of those for the future!

They do some nice stainless steel ones too, but obviously I'd rather have something that'll match the silver aluminium. They're not cheap but you pay for what you get with these sort of straps and they're still cheaper than the Apple ones.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I recently acquired a SS Strap that is a imitation of the £549 :eek: one from Apple..

What I want to know is will this band be ok for exercise in the gym and swimming pool?

Or am I best with a sport band? Surely it should be fine? If washed and dried after use in these scenarios?

Cheers.

Commissario
OP
If it's a cheap metal strap, I'd be wary of swimming in it, you have no idea what the material actually is, despite what is claimed.

If it were me, for swimming and at the gym, I'd change to the sport band every time. It only takes a few seconds and it'll be more comfortable as well.

Soldato
If it's a cheap metal strap, I'd be wary of swimming in it, you have no idea what the material actually is, despite what is claimed.

If it were me, for swimming and at the gym, I'd change to the sport band every time. It only takes a few seconds and it'll be more comfortable as well.

Hey Feek,

That’s true mate, think changing the bands is the best idea..

Soldato
Bought this Jilsoncase vintage leather watch strap after wearing the Apple sport band daily. I like sport band but don’t find it that comfortable and it feels a bit ‘grabby’.

So I took a punt on this (it’s only £15 on the rain forest). Much more comfortable wearing it to work and feels decent quality. And to think I nearly spent 10x as much on the official Apple one.

Only issue so far is the bit that connects the strap to the is a stainless steal finish but I have the space grey watch.

37576178720_53cf1e5544_z.jpg

37123671844_366741a547_z.jpg

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Thanks @Blackhawk47, I might grab one of those.

Here we have the Apple Black Stripe Woven Nylon which I picked up today. Seven pictures in varying light conditions showing that it can look quite different.

These first two were taken in the Apple store itself.

7Ue0A17.jpeg

qh14xEv.jpeg

Then I was in a restaurant with much warmer lighting and a very shiny metal table.

yLH2evC.jpeg

BlHQtDk.jpeg

NYch6wv.jpeg

Finally quite intense bright focused lighting, this is still quite warm, not as natural white as the Apple store.

bvHvcDv.jpeg

R8lxFnV.jpeg

I wasn't sure about this when I saw it in person at the Apple store, it seemed much lighter than it looked online but I think that's largely down to the lighting in the store itself. Out and about and in actual wear, it's not quite so in your face. I'm liking this.

Permabanned
That looks nice Feek.

I have just acquired a 2nd hand Space Black Series 3 that I am using with a £8 leather band, just got a 2nd hand Space Black Apple link bracelet which I am waiting to arrive. I will post a picture when it arrives. Expensive at £690 in total but better than £1200 retail! Should look awesome though.

Soldato
That looks nice Feek.

I have just acquired a 2nd hand Space Black Series 3 that I am using with a £8 leather band, just got a 2nd hand Space Black Apple link bracelet which I am waiting to arrive. I will post a picture when it arrives. Expensive at £690 in total but better than £1200 retail! Should look awesome though.

I think you’ve been had mate:

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MJ5H2ZM/A/38mm-space-black-link-bracelet

New one from Apple is £549 these days, unless I’m missing something.

Associate
I've just ordered my first Apple watch a Series 3 42mm stainless steel with 4g. As its comes with a white strap I wanted a brown and black leather one so I can mix and match. Went for the same brown strap as blackhawk47 so interested to see the quality on that in person. For the black one I went for the Simpeak black leather strap. I will post up pictures and a review when they both arrive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y42FQS6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Associate
Awaiting my Apple Watch still, but due to Amazon Prime, my watch straps arrived this morning.

First off, here are the two boxes:

Apple Watch 42mm straps by James Baker, on Flickr

Simpeak Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Black Leather Strap

£9.58 at time of purchase, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y42FQS6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Below is the black Simpeak strap featuring a soft inner band made of a beige suede like material. Once I have my watch I will post fitted pictures. Its a very simple design but for the price I cant complain, interested to see how long they last.

Jisoncase Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Brown Vintage Leather Strap

£15.90 at time of purchase, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jisoncase®-Replacement-Bracelet-Adapters-JS-AW4-06A20-Vintage-Brown-Check-Size-Before-Ordering/dp/B010Q1QFBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509191753&sr=8-1&keywords=jisoncase+vintage+leather+watch+strap

Below are some close up pictures of the the brown Jisoncase strap with stitching detail. This is my favourite of the two so far. Once I have my watch I will post fitted pictures. I prefer the design of the clasp aswell on this one over the rounder design on the Simpeak.

Once I have had my watch and got used to it, I will want to invest in some better straps but I dont think you can go wrong with a couple of cheaper straps to help me decide what better ones I want to get colour and design wise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom