PS4 Pro on a 4k HDR TV... everyone's experiences!

Soldato
@AWPC
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...-led-tv-10160569-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR
This just dropped a whopping £100 and can get 5% cashback on Topcashback (19.50) possibly find a code to discount it bit more. I couldn't see the difference with this and the 750v version.
4 x HDR modes via latest firmware is the big difference (HLG,HDR10+,Dolby Vision, Technicolour).

Thanks for the headsup though but I just spent £649 :eek: on an LG Super UHD Nano Cell 49" http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SJ800V which I am hoping is the answer I am looking for ;) and its £300 cheaper than it was a few months ago! Its simply not possible to buy a perfect HDTV even OLED or QLED ultra high end models costing £2-3K have banding issues & quite often get returned by unhappy buyers so its a bit of a lottery to get a good one.

I expect a good one for the price of these things or will RMA until I am happy as that's what the DSR is for on these high end items!

Seen Xbox1X Rise Of The Tomb Raider running on an LG OLED with HDR enabled looks amazing :eek: :) one of the best looking HDR enabled games right now!

Associate
OP
4 x HDR modes via latest firmware is the big difference (HLG,HDR10+,Dolby Vision, Technicolour).

Thanks for the headsup though but I just spent £649 :eek: on an LG Super UHD Nano Cell 49" http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49SJ800V which I am hoping is the answer I am looking for ;) and its £300 cheaper than it was a few months ago! Its simply not possible to buy a perfect HDTV even OLED or QLED ultra high end models costing £2-3K have banding issues & quite often get returned by unhappy buyers so its a bit of a lottery to get a good one.

I expect a good one for the price of these things or will RMA until I am happy as that's what the DSR is for on these high end items!

Seen Xbox1X Rise Of The Tomb Raider running on an LG OLED with HDR enabled looks amazing :eek: :) one of the best looking HDR enabled games right now!
That's great mate, let me know what it's like/how it goes, really interesting haha.
So, what are your experience with sound bars? Think j may need one for a better movie experience lol

Soldato
A good soundbar is going to be a massive improvement over the built-in TV audio. I've got a Q Acoustics M4 connected to my Samsung 4k TV and it's really good. In terms of pure sound quality you'll get better sound from separates, but then you have to buy decent speakers, a sub and an amplifier, which will all mount up in terms of cost and take up more space. I had a nice space on my TV unit for a soundbar, cramming speakers, a sub and an amp in would have been a pain.

Soldato
@ Lawrence 281 All UHD are currently Region Free none are region locked at all. If a BD is Region locked it usually has a little A,B or C on the Disc & or the box. If it say's A,B,C then its region free (most are region free).

Soldato
I'm probably missing something really obvious but why is it so difficult to find good HDR on a smaller TV around the 40 - 43" range? I'm in a small room where I'm not sat very far from the TV so anything more than that size makes no sense for me. Just seems like every review for a TV smaller than 49" mentions that HDR is lacking. I seen the LG 43UJ701V mentioned a few posts back, this looked the most promising for me. Can anybody comment on their experience with it?

Soldato

Any comments on the 49SJ800V - looks like a cracking set for the £599 it currently is.

Permabanned
Horizon and AC:Origins are probably the 2 best looking games for the new 4k consoles at the moment.

With honourable mentions going to Skyrim Special Edition, Battlefront 2 and Last of Us Remastered.

I personally haven't played it yet but Middle Earth shadow of war is supposed to look rather tasty too.

Soldato
Yep, AC Origins looks stunning on the PS4 Pro on a 4k tv, there's a noticeable difference between it on a standard PS4 and on the Pro. Uncharted Lost Legacy looks really impressive on the Pro as well.

Back
Top Bottom